Meet my new bunny!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseyMama

Reaction score
I got a new baby bunny after my other passed away (RIP Murphy). I named her Moosey Bear, call her Moose! She is a Mini Lionlop! :bunnyhop: She is only about 5 weeks (her mother passed away at 4 weeks). She is full of life! loves to run around and climb on me when im sitting or laying down. Also loves to cuddle with my stuffed animals. Did have a couple of questions though...

She has been on a complete diet of water and pellets, some timothy hay. But since she was weened at 4 weeks will she be okay?
Also, her ears are curling at the tips, I heard this could be from a vitamin deficiency but also heard this can happen in lops/lop mixes? Could this mean her ears are just going to lop? I am hoping to have half lopped (SOOOO CUTE!) but I love her!
Just want to make sure she's okay! :) :pancake: :pancake:

Attachments

• 2014-04-01 23.20.17.jpg
    2014-04-01 23.20.17.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 883
:hi: to RabbitTalk, MooseyMama!

I'm sorry you lost Murphy, but glad you brought another bunny into your life. :)

MooseyMama":1ubj3w3n said:
She is full of life! loves to run around and climb on me when im sitting or laying down. Also loves to cuddle with my stuffed animals.

Aww! She sounds like she is a snuggle-bun!

But since she was weened at 4 weeks will she be okay?

Four weeks is very young to be separated from the doe and littermates. Would it be possible to temporarily keep another kit or two from the litter?

If not, make sure she has a bedded area to rest in so she can stay warm, and give her plenty of hay. Old fashioned kitchen oatmeal is an easily digested first food for kits, so you might want to offer her some of that in addition to the hay and pellets.

Make sure she has plenty of time to just relax in her cage. Although she may seem very happy when she is out with you, that activity can be a bit stressful.

Also, her ears are curling at the tips, I heard this could be from a vitamin deficiency but also heard this can happen in lops/lop mixes?

In my experience with non-lops, ears flopping at the tips happens when the weather is warm and may be a sign of thin ear cartilage. In normal eared rabbits, ears flopping at the base can indicate vitamin deficiency.

Back