Meet Lav, Lionhead Buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello everybunny.

I was watching a whole bunch of the wooly rabbits videos lately and got interested in trying to get a longer haired doe just for fun I guess. The bad thing is that there are no Jersey Woolies or any Angora breeds in my country so that meant I have two options; visit another country and get wanted rabbit (would cost a fortune) or create the wanted rabbit myself. I chose the latter. The only longhaired rabbits I came across were Lionhead dwarves, so I contacted a breeder that's only 30 minutes away by car and she had a 2 mo doublemaned Tort buck. She had it. And now I have it.

So, here's Lav ("lav" in croatian means "lion", since he's Lionhead, but I like it how it sounds equally as good in English as well). I first planned to name him Fluff, but after some time it started sounding extremely feminine to me. As I already said, he is 2 months old (still waiting for a breeder to send me the exact birth date, silly me forgot to ask) Black (possibly Choc??) Tort that may be Broken or carrying Vienna (check his front foot). The breeder claims he's got some Angora-coated ancestors, but he doesn't have Angora-coat. Hopefully he carries the gene.

OK, enough me rambbling, I know you're here only to see a cute bunny, so here you go:

The quarentine playpen made from old blinds.

Really, really heavily Broken or Vienna carrier?

Sorry for sandy quality, it was already quite dark when we got home. For more info of how I'm gonna get wooly rabbits from him visit my blog (link in the description) and go to the "Project Wool" page. That's pretty much all for now, thanks for reading and have a nice rest of the day/night.
-Marko

Back