Lungs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlt

Reaction score
I didn't take any pics, but I processed a few fryers yesterday... two had "normal" colored lungs. The other two had a noticeable kind of darker striped pattern to them... I have never seen that before out of the few dozen I have done since August. Is that abnormal and if so, any ideas what causes it? :?: :?: :?:

I've had that at times... sometimes it has something to do with how they died. Did you broomstick? Sometimes if you are just a bit off I find it affects the lungs.

Sometimes it's indicative of a problem that hasn't shown itself yet.

Sometimes it's a sign that they had a bit of a problem but now it has cleared up.

hard to tell without pics, but I know on the meatrabbits board when I've posted pics showing the same that's what I've been told and that either way that it was a "good cull".

well, I don't broomstick, but I do use a cervical location technique using a forked board. It very well could have been a blood issue from the killing method, all the other organs looked healthy. These were born to die, so I guess I'll never know :).

Back