Lucky Break

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaytonHillRabbits

Reaction score
I had a bit of a scare and a very lucky break this morning. I was up early (4 am) this morning because I've been having trouble sleeping. I was upstairs sitting in a chair when my step son came running out of his bedroom around 7am, asking why Scooby (my absolute favorite rabbit I own) was loose out by the garage. I grabbed my boots and headed out in my jammies getting ready to somehow catch this (very friendly but kind of crazy) young buck. Well the garage is about 70 feet from the house, I had just stepped onto the driveway and called his name because I couldn't see him anywhere, well the damn thing came out from under my hubby's truck and ran full tilt directly to me and jumped into my arms. I have never in my life had this buck loose and he generally is difficult to catch, what the heck? I guess his taste of freedom didn't sit well with him! Hopefully he's alright and didn't get into any trouble while he was out. Now to determine who left his kennel door wide open. :x I suspect it was said step son.. since he immediately told me HE didn't forget to lock the cage.. I suspect he did LOL.

Oh wow! Glad you caught him! I've had rabbits jump out of exercise pens, but never get out of their cages. That must have been quite something!

Well, I now recall when we had guinea pigs the little ones would squeeze out under the hutch floor, and we'd spy them from the window and rush out to catch them! :lol:

Back