Losing that winter weight?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wasn't quite sure where to post this since it's really not a "health" issue, I don't think... :roll: haha.

I came to notice a week ago that while my rabbits were nice, and plump over the cold season now as it has warmed up it seems everyone has lost a bit of weight. Not like sickly thin, but as if they lost that winter poundage? I am just curious if this is just a normal thing. Everyone looks to be in good health. No drop in food, or water intake. Poop looks just as normal. Great energy, and all that.

My follow up question to that is:

I have a litter of 6 growouts. I planned on butchering earlier, but I started my new job the day I planned to butcher. So since I have been busy they too are slightly affected my the winter weight lose. So my question is, what's a good way to full them back out within a few weeks so I can butcher?

If the weight the fryers have lost is fat and not muscle, I don't think it is necessary to feed them up. Except for a little fat around the kidneys, fat on a fryer is the result of overfeeding. On pellets, my fryers had too much fat. After making the switch to natural feeding, this stopped happening and I was glad of it. Just my take on the situation.

Latest posts

Back