• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy rabbits of t he Rex or Mini lop/Holland lops for sale near montrose Colorado. Thanks!!! :D :bunnyhop:

I am looking for a 6-7 wk old blue Holland Lop. I realize that there is a law about selling baby rabbits in Wisconsin that are younger than 8 weeks but I have raised around 50 rabbits in my life and I got them all between 5-6 weeks and never had a problem. The breeders who answer my request all tell me that I am lucky but I believe 50 rabbits who all thrived at this age and bonded better than the older ones (actually the older ones seemed more skittish and afraid - even if they have been tamed). My last holland lop I got from a breeder at 5 weeks lived to be nine and was the sweetest, most gentle and loving rabbit who loved being held and pampered. I do think that 5 weeks is too young but 6 seems to be the perfect age to introduce them to a new home. They have been weaned for two weeks and haven't gotten as used to their old homes as much so they don't seem as scared when moving to a new home. If you are too scared to break the law although I have never seen it enforced) there is a provision in there where it is legal to sell if I buy six baby rabbits at six weeks of age and I am willing to do that. I just really want another rabbit who is going to grow up being a part of our family, very loved and well taken care of. It would seem to me like this would be more important than waiting an extra two weeks as long as they are eating and drinking on their own. If you are that compassionate breeder who is understanding of how I love the bunnies at this age and are willing to sell a 6 week holland lop to me please call 715-623-3226. If you have a baby and are not wiling to part with it quite that early I would still love a call to see if we could work out a compromise. Thank you... elysheva

Back