Looking for a bacon wrapped recipes?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacy Lane

Reaction score
Planning on butchering our first rabbits this weekend if they don't sell before. Looking for a bacon wrapped recipe as hubs loves bacon! Thanks :)

Don't forget to let the rabbit "rest" for three days before cooking....I haven't tried this one yet but I plan on doing it Saturday.
1 pound bacon
1 dressed rabbit whole
4 large potatoes pealed and quartered
1 cup baby carrots
honey,sea salt,fresh ground pepper.olive oil
rub olive oil on rabbit just to coat,salt and pepper lightly,put in roasting pan belly side down,wrap with bacon,drizzle with honey .Cover and bake @300 for one hour. add potatoes and carrots cover and bake for 45 min or until veggies are done. uncover turn up to 350 for about 30 min to crisp up the bacon.
I got this from a video on u tube, he used a wild rabbit,and home processed bacon. I will be using grocery store bacon.The low and slow cooking should make the rabbit super tender. :D It looked very good so I can't wait to try it but the family is gone for dinner all week V.B.S. But this weekend I am doing it for sure!

This is the crockpot recipe we use for lean game meat except no black pepper since I'm allergic and just regular Worcestershire sauce. It might be too much cooking and too strong of flavor with the beef broth for fryer age rabbits. An older roaster would be better.

2 onions, sliced in rings
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
2 pounds roast or small game(if you have a bigger piece, that's fine, too!)
1/2 pound bacon
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup butter, sliced (to add later)

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Peel and slice the onions, and separate the rings. Place them on the bottom of your slow cooker. Rub pepper and Worcestershire sauce directly into the meat, and place it on top of the onion. Wrap bacon slices around the meat, overlapping if necessary, and tuck in the ends of the bacon underneath. Pour on the beef broth.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 10 hours, or until meat has reached desired tenderness. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will become. If the center of the meat isn't as juicy as you'd like, cut the meat into a few pieces, then return to the pot to cook on low until it begins to break down. Dry meat isn't the sign of over-cooking, it's a sign of under-cooking.

Slice, meat, and dot pieces of butter on it to melt. Serve with mashed or baked potatoes (or sweet potatoes) and something green.

Last time we just threw vegetables in with a venison roast for the last bit of cooking until they started to get soft and then ate with butter.

Back