Register

Livestock swaps

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 6,922.00

Livestock swaps

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ButtonsPalace » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Anyone know where I might find some info about where NC livestock meets will be this year? I've found several chicken ones but no "livestock" or "rabbit" swaps. Also pros and cons of buying/selling? I have 3 bucks that I've had about 1-2 years and I'd love for them to go to nice homes to be breeders or pets.
@Happydalerabbits on Facebook :)

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Re: Livestock swaps

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Marinea » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 am

I know Tractor Supply regularly has them. I see them advertised on Craigslist. Probably not until spring though.

I sometimes sell at flea markets with a large livestock component. The pros and cons are the same as any purchase...you have to be careful. As a seller, I bring my breeding/info books and can answer any questions about the rabbits I am selling. I also do a health check with the buyer before they leave me. Also, I never sell a bun I would not buy. I have seen other sellers who can't tell you the breed, sex, age, or anything. With their rabbits in nasty tiny cages without food or water. Would I buy at a swap? Depends on the seller and stock.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

The following user would like to thank Marinea for this post
michaels4gardens

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,922.00

Re: Livestock swaps

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ButtonsPalace » Sun May 13, 2018 1:29 pm

I need to get better about documenting. I do know my rabbits parents and I almost always sex correctly, I've only messed up a few lionheads which I don't breed any more. But I like the idea of not selling something you wouldn't buy, so many people sell crap and crap animals.
@Happydalerabbits on Facebook :)

The following user would like to thank ButtonsPalace for this post
michaels4gardens