litter box - 4 year old buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catherine99

Reaction score
We have a 4 year old English Angora. (we have had him about a month)

The litter box we are using has wire rack. He is standing with his front legs on the rack, and back legs on the floor of the cage. Thus missing the litter box.

Any idea how get him to go in the litter tray?

:pancake:

My first thought would be to make the litter box harder to stand "half out" of. Maybe try one of those cat litter boxes with the higher sides (you could cut the entrance lower so he doesn't have to hop into the unknown)? You can still make/use a wire insert for him, and a hay rack at the far end so he's encouraged to go all the way in.

Just a thought I had, I have never made a rabbit litter box before... :oops:

You need a bigger box! Seriously.. for an angora you need a cat sized litter box. Even my hollands prefer cat sized litters box.

Thank you both, we are going to get cat size box, or biggest box I can through the door.

The two does are doing ok with current boxes. As in they always pee in the box. <br /><br /> -- Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm -- <br /><br /> Bobby is now toilet trained to go in a catbox with litter and wire rack with a piece of fabric on top.

He refused to use the box once the fabric is too wet but I can live with that.

Angoras seem to very easy litter train from my limited experience.

Latest posts

Back