Lilac Magpie? *Picture Heavy*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
I was told that this buck was a Lilac Magpie. I don't know very much about magpies, so I just want to get a second opinion. :D I have included pictures of his Sire and Dam (not my pictures, the seller sent them to me) and I have pictures as a kit. (he is the one on the right)

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 11.57.15 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 11.57.25 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 11.57.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 12.02.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 12.01.31 PM.png

to me dad looks like a sable magpie (non-recognized colour) but he looks like the sable magpies I get on occasion.

his colour doesn't look quite right to me to be a lilac. he looks more like a lighter version of sable magpie (note the darker spot on his nose) and then it goes lighter over the eye? That's a mark of sable.

ladysown":34u4d236 said:
his colour doesn't look quite right to me to be a lilac. he looks more like a lighter version of sable magpie (note the darker spot on his nose) and then it goes lighter over the eye? That's a mark of sable.

That is kind of what I was thinking....the shading just started coming in and I was Sooo confused. :lol:

Could he be a blue sable? Because he is really light for a normal sable.

Possibly, you’d need to test breed to confirm

I think it looks like a chocolate torted sable magpie rather than lilac (both chocolate and blue)

Dood":osip446d said:
I think it looks like a chocolate torted sable magpie rather than lilac
That would be interesting. :D Would the genotype be aabbc(chl)_D_ee? It is very possible that he is at least chocolate based as there was also a self chocolate in that litter.

Latest posts

Back