Lemon Cream Rabbit With Pasta

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
This recipe is what I refer to as "How to get people who hate rabbit to love it". It comes from The Austrailian Women's Weekly and it uses chicken. I usually use cooked rabbit leftovers.

Lemon Cream Rabbit With Pasta

500g bow tie pasta (I use less and any short pasta will do)
1 tbsp olive oil
400g (about 1 lb, I use more)roughly chopped boneless rabbit
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp chicken stock (or 1 cube or 1 packet)
3/4 cup water (I usually omit chicken stock, water and use homemade rabbit or chicken stock)
1/2 cup cream
1/4 tsp grated lemon rind (I use more)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 clove garlic crushed (I use 2)
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I omit this)

Cook pasta. Fry rabbit in wok with oil in batches and remove. (if using cooked rabbit, skip this part). Blend the remaining ingredients, minus the parsley, pour in the wok, stir until it boils and thickens. Add the stir-fried (or previously cooked rabbit), pasta and parsley, stir till hot. Serves 4 - 6.

It's really not as complicated as it sounds, I can usually whip it up while the pasta is cooking.

Marian<br /><br />__________ Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm __________<br /><br />A follow comment was

This sounds good. Can I assume that "Corn Flour" is corn starch and not corn meal for us in the USA?

Kat
-------

Don't know about elsewhere, but here in Ontario corn flour is not the same as corn starch. Corn starch is further refined and is used mainly for thickening. Corn flour is like corn meal, but ground to a fine powder. You could put corn meal in a blender to make a bit for the recipe rather than buying it separately. I would think corn starch would work too, since it is such a small quantity and seems to be used as a thickener.

-----
Corn starch and corn flour are different. Corn flour is like any flour, just made out of corn. It doesn't really thicken the sauce in this dish, it adds texture and provides colour and melds the teriyaki and lemon to the cream. If you don't have corn flour, regular white flour is a good substitute. I wouldn't use corn starch in this dish but if you do, cut the amount by at least half or your sauce will just be goop, the liquid in this dish is only about 1 1/4 cups.

I hope you enjoy it .

Marian

Latest posts

Back