Kits on the way (hopefully)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macybaby

Reaction score
Yesterday and today the guys and girls got a chance to get together. I'm breeding my Siamese satin pair for the first time and my Broken black rex with the brown NZ doe. Yesterday when I put the Siamese doe in with the buck she ran over and mounted him. This was the first time for both of them and they did eventually get things figured out, though the doe was so willing she was letting the buck mount any old way. He had a hard time figuring out that when his nose was at her tail he might be going at things the wrong way. But they got their act together several times so hopefully we'll have little Siamese satin kits in four weeks.

The NZ doe is also first timer, though the rex buck is not. She was not near as cooperative but did allow him to mount once last night and once tonight - then she wanted nothing to do with him. She is quite a bit bigger than he is so when she said "NO" he listened and kept out of her way.

I think I'm going to keep one of the NZ/Rex crosses from my last litter, provided one of them is a doe. Of course the one I like the most is a buck, but I think the one with the nicest markings is a doe. They were born mid October so it will be a bit longer before they would be old enough to breed. I have to butcher the rest soon to make room.

Cathy

Let's see if this works

PA110006.jpg

PA110007.jpg

This is the buck, I'll have to get better pictures of them in the big pens. Satins come in a variety of colors, these (obviously) are Siamese. They are a bit larger than the Rex and their coat is much nicer than the New Zeland but a bit less dense and not as short as the Rex. The build is quite similar to the NZ.

The pictures do not do them justice, the coat has a sheen to it that does not show up in the pictures.

I have a soft spot for "pointed" animals. I have two Siamese colored cats and all three of my horses are bays.

Cathy

He's VERY handsome. His coat just seems to have lovely variations...like a water colour painting :)

It's hard to take pictures of a fabric, animal, whatever, that has a subtle sheen. As I understand it, the hair shaft has a translucent edge to it on the satins.

Beautiful! And love those cage hangers.
How many kits fit in a flat rate priority box?
B~

Latest posts

Back