kits and popples

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Kit" is the "proper" term for a baby rabbit (may be age-specific, but someone else will have to answer that). "Popple" is a term that someone coined (over on HT, I think) for a baby rabbit. It describes quite well the popcorn-like behavior of baby rabbits after they get to a couple of weeks old.

I think we need to sticky one of these posts somewhere...

There is one somewhere. I remember we started one early in the forum's life. We should locate it and perhaps put it on more sub-forums. It contains things like NZ=new zealands; ACV=apple cider vinegar; and other oft asked "what the blue blazes is THAT word?" :D

Formal definitions are really hard to quantify. You can use the legal descriptions from the U.S. government...or from some other government. And of course you could use the original words from the start of domestic rabbits (Cuny is what a rabbit is technically, btw) Slang is part of every culture.

There we go. Found it. Somehow it never got "stickied". it's now here in Random and also in the Welcome forum. Feel free to add to it. If the thing gets too long, I'll go through and bring all the actual definitions to the first page.

never EVER feel stupid about asking for clarificaton! Anyone who won't explain is a jerk. period. so there! :razz2:

Seriously....people use slang when they're with people they know. And no one thinks anything about it until someone new comes in and has no CLUE what's being talked about. Or worse yet..the slang term means something different to the new person.

Take the sentence "I just bought a new colt" Say that to a horse person, and he thinks you're talking about a young male horse. The gun owner in your group, however, will then say "excellent? are you going to shoot it at the next meet?!" to which the horse owner would say "what?!?!?!! Why would I want to shoot my colt? You're HORRIBLE!" and the gun owner will say "But, you don't want it to just sit there!" and you'll say "don't talk to me!" and the gun owner will look REALLY confused. (do NOT ask how I know this might happen. :roll: )

Anntann":3ilo2szg said:
never EVER feel stupid about asking for clarificaton! Anyone who won't explain is a jerk. period. so there! :razz2:

Seriously....people use slang when they're with people they know. And no one thinks anything about it until someone new comes in and has no CLUE what's being talked about. Or worse yet..the slang term means something different to the new person.

Take the sentence "I just bought a new colt" Say that to a horse person, and he thinks you're talking about a young male horse. The gun owner in your group, however, will then say "excellent? are you going to shoot it at the next meet?!" to which the horse owner would say "what?!?!?!! Why would I want to shoot my colt? You're HORRIBLE!" and the gun owner will say "But, you don't want it to just sit there!" and you'll say "don't talk to me!" and the gun owner will look REALLY confused. (do NOT ask how I know this might happen. :roll: )

Ok, now THAT made me giggle. I could see the confusion. ;)

Rachel

Back