Kit Pics, ? about Color and an Eye Problem **PIC HEAVY**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bun crazy

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the kits out to take pics today and found this:
IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
In my little broken's eye :( Any ideas what it might be? It wasn't there yesterday when I checked them and his/her eyes have looked great.

Also, what color is this kit!?!? He/She's a rex:
IMG_0601.JPG

And, just for fun, here are some pics of the rest :)
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG

that kit is an opal. the pic of three together look opal as well.

Give that eye time... it might get better again.

I usually initially treat any possible eye problem on pretty much anything with a rinse of contact solution/saline. No matter what the problem is that should at least not do any harm whereas using certain eye treatments could make other conditions worse. It's probably a twice monthly event around here that someone's eye is getting irrigated and clears up most minor issues. If that doesn't lead to it improving after a day or 2 we visit the vet or just try some terramycin ointment depending if we are talking about a more expendable animal or one of my several thousand dollar horses or dogs. Eye problems are one thing where we never just wait and see. They need treated swiftly or they can go from very mild to permanent damage and in some cases ongoing health issues within days. We had a guinea pig that eventually came down to surgery or PTS because of a nick on his eye that we missed for the first 48hrs after a fight with another boar. We were concentrating on treating the shoulder wound on the opposite side and failed to notice the eye problem until it was glossed over and swollen. By then it was too late and the damage led to repeat infections for the rest of his life.

Thank you both so much :) Been using saline solution in the affected eye it still is blue but less so than before so...we'll see what's going on in time, I guess. The kit can see out of it so I guess that's positive.

Ladysown, I thought s(he) was an opal too. Thanks for the confirmation :) There are so many different combos, blue, lilac, opal, etc I wasn't quite sure.

Back