Register

Just joined from Australia.

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Australia Female
BunnyBucks: 437.00

Just joined from Australia.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby aussiegirl » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Have come across this site a few times and found it very helpful (especially the Genetics section) so I have decided to join. I have been breeding meat quality rabbits for about 9 years which are mainly the New Zealand (I am currently working on the New Zealand Red), I also have Californian and also a pair of Flemish Giant and British Giant and two standard Rex.

I currently have 38 rabbits but will be set up for 80 within the next 12 months or so, although most of my rabbits are purebred I also selectively breed certain rabbits for more colour diversity while maintaining the desired commercial traits & keeping my purebred lines in tact.

I am still trying to figure out how to add my pictures on here though.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Re: Just joined from Australia.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:52 pm

aussiegirl wrote:Hi everyone,
Have come across this site a few times and found it very helpful (especially the Genetics section) so I have decided to join. I have been breeding meat quality rabbits for about 9 years which are mainly the New Zealand (I am currently working on the New Zealand Red), I also have Californian and also a pair of Flemish Giant and British Giant and two standard Rex.

I currently have 38 rabbits but will be set up for 80 within the next 12 months or so, although most of my rabbits are purebred I also selectively breed certain rabbits for more colour diversity while maintaining the desired commercial traits & keeping my purebred lines in tact.

I am still trying to figure out how to add my pictures on here though.

:hi: :welcome: :welcomewagon:

We are glad to have you!

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 7,390.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Sagebrush » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 am

Welcome aussiegirl! So glad you have found us here. I know there are some tutorials on how to post pictures here but have no clue which ones they are. :oops:

__________Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:36 pm ___________

picture-tutorial-t6003.html?hilit=Picture%20tutorial

Here is one I found, hope it helps.

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 15,234.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby alforddm » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:16 am

Welcome!

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 866.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Silver Cloud » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 am

Welcome to RT
Florida Whites (our preferred meat rabbit).

I do what I can the rest I deal with!

Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,531.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Dood » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 am

:welcome: that is quite the selection of breeds you've got there and I'm looking forward to pictures as well, especially the British Giant as I've not heard of them before

:hijacked: :roll:
I don't think we have any larger scale Australian rabbit raisers on the forum and I'd love to learn more about your set up and specifically how you deal with myxomastis and RHD (which thankfully are not over here), unless they are not as big of a problem as the media makes them out to be :shrug:

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,325.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby JenerationX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:34 am

Welcome!!! I don't think I've ever seen a British Giant. I'm interested in hearing about them.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Australia Female
BunnyBucks: 437.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby aussiegirl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:23 am

I haven't had any problems with Myxo so far touch wood as we can't get vaccines here for that, but all my rabbits are vaccinated annually for Calici and I always do a routine health check every week on all my rabbits. it's very time consuming but it has to be done to ensure my rabbits are kept healthy & in the best condition.

The British Giant belongs to the same group as the Flemish Giant only slightly smaller but can vary as my British male is slightly larger than my Flemish & still growing.

After reading some of the tutorials on posting/uploading my photos, I still can't figure out how to do it - do I have to upload my pictures to an online photo host or something (never done it before). Really keen on posting some photos of a couple of 1 week old kits to get advice on their colouring (Torts maybe?).

Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,531.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Dood » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 am

I never read the tutorial on the site and this is what I do.

When writing a post choose the "full editor" option

It takes you to another screen and near the bottom there is a section called "upload attachment"

Press the "choose file" button and select where you will be getting the file and find the picture you want. Try and make sure the pictures have been resized smaller so they down load quickly.

Then you need to press the "add the file" button and then you can add another picture or "submit"

Hope this helps