Just a check in...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Well it has been a bit of a rough year for me. Still trying to get back to a "normal" from multiple pes/dvt from last year and while some days feels like things are getting better and going great others are like I'm going back to not being able to do any thing. My asthma has been acting up, along with fluid back on lungs. Docs warned I needed to change pace, change how I do things, etc. but being the hopeful and stubborn thing I am I was hoping that with time and work I would have my "normal" back soon enough. I was wrong. After dealing with processing, things probably will never be the way they were before exactly, I'm taking steps to prevent further damage and control the asthma problems. New medications (still seem to do no good at this point but I was told it would take a month or two on them over all) and new diet/life (fell off my "good" change after news this last doc appointments round and realization things had to change if I didn't want back on oxygen perm sooner than later). I've been staying as busy as I can manage, but I still have bad days.

I still have rabbits but I downsized a great deal. I have 4 Rex, 1 Velveteen Lop, and the rest are Mini Rex. I've sold almost all of my Holland Lops (will finish saying good bye to them once the last 3 leave), sold my horse, rehoming my must be walked/ran active dog, and 2 cats. Its not what I want, but again trying to avoid perm oxygen so soon. I am hoping in the spring to get to show some Mini Rex or Rex, its just been too hot for me to travel much and be out in it. Hot and humid makes asthma flare.

With any luck, meds will work and I can start regaining more muscle I've lost. I struggle horribly moving a single feed bag, but I get things done even if it takes me days where it would just a few hours before. Docs are not too optimistic about being "normal" but well being stubborn I have hopes still. Lung function over all still improving, just worried about continued asthma flares/problems causing additional scarring and in the end reversing function over all. I guess time will tell.

My younger cousins have taken up the meat rabbit bug, and I've been helping as I can. Mostly its been opinions on this or that rabbit to buy for breeding or on health questions but I'm glad to see they have interest.

For now though I am focused on breeding what I have and moving to improve my work situation. While they have been very helpful and very understanding, I want better for myself and that's what I am going to have. :bunnyhop:

I want better for myself and that's what I am going to have.

That's the spirit, Prisma. Hang in there, do good things for healing, and stay optimistic! :goodjob:

I'm glad you're still able to keep your hand in with the buns, and that you're mentoring your cousins in their meat rabbit venture. Hope to see you here more often from now on too!

That's so great that you're able to be a mentor to your cousins with the meat rabbits! So sorry about the other issues that seem to keep coming up. *Hug*

Back