Junior ND - crits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadedNightRabbitry

Reaction score
I gotta pick out two to give to a fellow 4H kid who's been wanting some showable rabbits, rather than just pets.

While I was going to ask which ones, I thought I might as well as for crits on all them. I know theres a lot. If you can't do all or most, pick out the best and the worst please.

The sables... Are any does looking worthy to be mom's replacement? I'll keep her for a few more litters, while these guys hit the tables for a while, but I'd rather remove the smut from my program.

Lots-A-Hop's Seduction
About a year old.
LILY.jpg

Shaded Night's (sable point doe 1)
Lots-A-Hop's Seduction x Lots-A-Hop's Kiddo
SADIEdoe1.jpg

Shaded Night's (sable point doe 2)
SADIEdoe2.jpg

Shaded Night's (sable point mismark doe)
SADIEmismarkdoe.jpg

Shaded Night's (sable point buck)
SADIEbuck.jpg

And while I have a replacement for the dam of this litter, I'm figuring I might as well keep what I like.

Shaded Night's (siamese sable buck)
Country Field's Beatrix x Me So Bunny's Calla
BEAbuck.jpg

Shaded Night's (siamese sable doe)
BEAdoe.jpg

Shaded Night's (himi buck)
BEAhimibuck.jpg

Shaded Night's (himi doe)
BEAhimidoe.jpg

Shaded Night's (siamese sable buck)
Rainy Hill's Lily x Me So Bunny's Calla
LILYdoe.jpg

Shaded Night's (mismark doe)
Rainy Hill's Lily x Me So Bunny's Calla
LILYmismark.jpg

o.o; yeah, I know. I'm sorry. That's two/three litters. I'll post below with my own crits, but I'm biased.

Also. I'm sending the kid the siamese sable buck, and one of the three sable point does. I'd rather keep the best, and send the kid the second best. (They're free, after all, and he doesn't do both 4H and open. I have to try to keep up with both.)

I know absolutely nothing about ND, but just have to tell you how pretty they are!

they are beautiful i agree here is a pic of one of my buns. It is a lionhead.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am __________<br /><br />sorry can not post the pic never mind

OH! LOL! That "siamese sable buck" is actually one of my three keeper does. XD I do love her, though. I'm just hoping she at least reaches her mothers weight. (2 lbs even. o.o;) I'm hoping she'll be able to breed in the long run. =/

I should post update photos before they leave this weekend, for last minute comments. o.o;

Sable (point?) doe 2 is actually the third best typed doe now. XD They changed so much these last two weeks. She's very pinched in the hindquarter, `her head is much more refined at this age.

The mismark sable point was the worst, as you can tell by the pictures, and is now the best typed. >.>; I'm going to keep her for a little while, and breed her back to dad to see if any more mismarks show up. (It's only a small pinpoint. baaaarely noticeable) If they do, I'll move her back into brokens. Make some broken siamese sables or something.

The buck is the best out of the litter, taking the DQ out. He's got a nice head coming in, and a decent topline.

The other doe (sable point doe 1) is iffy. I'm keeping her for a bit, to see if she matures any better.

Over all, I'm keeping two of the sable point does, and both siamese sable does for the moment. I'll cut them down to one of each in the long run, most likely. I also think I'll keep the sable point buck for the moment. The rest of the siamese sables and himis are getting sold this weekend.

Back