Junior Mini Rex Critique?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Willow

Reaction score
So I have recently (within the last few months) purchased my very first Mini Rex does. One is a BUD Ruby Eyed White, approximately a year old, and the other is a five month old Havana doe.
I am looking at acquiring a buck some time around the beginning of next year, but for now I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the breed.

Bellow are two photos of the wee Havana doe. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out by critiquing her (and my non- professional posing skills cx )?

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

From what I can tell, she really doesn't have much of an arch to her topline, and I'm not sure if it's just the way I've positioned her, but it appears as though her hindquarters are under cut?

I can't tell you much about type then (BRC type is different than ARBA type), but the fur looks like it lacks density

Don't hold the head down to pose

http://www.britishminirexclub.com/the-b ... ndard.html

I decided to do some digging. Really not that much on the club site. So looked around at some breeder sites and what not.

I DID find the breed standards for Rex and Mini Rex though, so this might help. I don't think it is the newest one, but it doesn't seem like they change that often.

http://www.thebrc.org/Mono%20Breeds%20S ... 6-2020.pdf

Keep in mind that I do not show BRC. However, it seems like they are just a SMALL Rex. Which means they won't have the same rounded type we have here in the US. Instead they'll be more like Florida Whites in body.

Fur looks uneven, from what I can tell by the standard they want it as even as possible with even coat coloring. You don't want pinched hips either or hollow in loin area (see where her back feet/hips stick out from top view?). Other than that...I'm unsure.

Back