Jewel - video, advice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a video of Jewel hopping, do you think back injury? Her right hand foot sometimes drags.

She moves at a fairly good clip when on even ground, small rises in the ground can baffle her.

She's such a sweet doe, so I've kept her around, but not sure how she'd handle a move with a rocking truck....so thinking of pet homing her...

https://youtu.be/dRHa4o1tox0

Definitely looks like a back injury to me and if she damages it again and/or aggravates it she could become fully paralyzed

My old herd sire moved like that later in life. He could still pee and poop normally but had difficulty grooming and I had to keep an eye out for matts and fly strike, I was also pretty sure he couldn't eat cecotropes and he started going down hill quickly after the injury

okay... so that might explain the occasional foot dragging issue now... as she didn't have that before. So makes me think culling would be the better option rather than risking further damage in a potential pet home.

Back