jersey woolies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
ok tell me all about what the perfect jw should look like :)

The gang here ranges quite a lot - one doe is too big - I was told that right up - though she is beautiful chinchilla - she's also the nervous doe

the other does are quite different to each other - ear shape adn set varies though heads are all cute and small and ND like

is JW a mix of ND and french angora? or english (but then they'd have fuzzy ears) they look like it a bit ...

would love to figure out just for fun which is the "best" of the does :)

A perfect Jersey Wooly should look like an upside down tea cup with a big bold head (with a wool cap) Thick short well furred ears that are more rounded then pointed. Starshine is pretty darn close to what a good Wooly head and ear should look like, as well as her wool. You want length and density but you don't want it to be cottony, you want it to have loads of guard hairs to give it a crisp texture :) The body should be compact (short) and wide, and very very solid and smooth.

So Picture a round teacup with a giant head and wool.

They're originally a cross between a French Angora and a Netherland.

They're originally a cross between a French Angora and a Netherland

glad to know I knew something ;)

Starshine is now called Chia and a much loved houserabbit - she sure is a charmer :)
her favourite tv show is apparently American Idol
she was adopted by a long time wool rabbit fan who has been a friend of mine more than 10 years - cool beans eh?

So to my eye Tegan and Mrs M are probably the next "best" examples of JW??

Daisy is darling but longer - you can see the FA influence in her body type
and Joy is lovely but HUGE

cheers

andrea

Aww I'm Glad "Chia" found a great home, she deserves to be spoiled :)

Yeah Tegan would be the next best, then Mrs. Mooney, from a show prospect, but Daisy produces the best babies (which isn't a surprise since her father now has a grand total of over 39 GC Legs), she also has the best wool compared to T and M.

Joy is a lovely girl, and can produce nice babies with the right buck :)

T has lovely spinnable wool .. :)
I love Dasiy's coat - and I will say her devil spawn popple is freaking ADORABlE

Joy's popples are all darling - and Piffle is the cutest thing on the planet tho DS is giving him or her a run for his money ;)

awww he's darling - current babe is pretty cute too - I'll try to get some decent pictures of him too :)

Latest posts

Back