Register

It was going well and then... she mentioned ....

A place to discuss the particular challenges and ethical issues facing the breeder of pet rabbits today.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Re: It was going well and then... she mentioned ....

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Miss M » Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm

That's just... so twisted. :?
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 400.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Toady » Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Let us know if/when you get a response?

I don't really understand some people, yes I have 'house bunnies' but know that rabbits (like sheep, cattle and chickens) are multi purpose animals and there's thousands of people who eat rabbit instead of other meats... I've seen posts of other 'house bunny' forums complaining about how people here in Australia "kill innocent bunnies" - umm, they're feral rabbits and are the reason we need vaccinations against Myxo and Calici.

Not to mention that in the Great Depression hundreds of thousands of farming families had nothing to eat but the rabbits they caught

BunnyBucks: 6,712.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Cottie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm

She just wants to free the bunny from your evil, murderous clutches.

Why don't you see the good she's doing?

:?
The poster formerly known as RJ

Site Supporter
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 3,072.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby TMTex » Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

I think we might be taking these people a little too seriously. Look at their facebook page and you can see that they only have 68 likes. On a social network that big, they're pretty insignificant. Lots of people will like a page without understanding what the promoters stand for.

I would highly recommend cutting all contact with the person immediately and without explanation. These people have the hallmarks of single dimension radicals. They really don't deserve an explanation and will likely use whatever you say against you to the best of their limited ability.
Steeplechase Rabbits

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,358.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby dayna » Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 pm

I would be worried she'd follow me home... And liberate my animals....

The following user would like to thank dayna for this post
Demamma

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby Miss M » Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 pm

dayna wrote:I would be worried she'd follow me home... And liberate my animals....

Or somebody else with her in another car.

If you do meet her, maybe you could make it at the beginning of a very full errand day.

Might not be a bad idea to have a neutral meeting place policy in effect for people you've never heard from before. Just because the rescue might try again, except making sure they don't mention the rescue.

I guess it depends on the security you have at your place, though.
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#22  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 am

Miss M wrote:
dayna wrote:I would be worried she'd follow me home... And liberate my animals....

Or somebody else with her in another car.

If you do meet her, maybe you could make it at the beginning of a very full errand day.

Might not be a bad idea to have a neutral meeting place policy in effect for people you've never heard from before. Just because the rescue might try again, except making sure they don't mention the rescue.

I guess it depends on the security you have at your place, though.

:yeahthat:

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 7,430.00

Post Number:#23  Unread postby Jack » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 am

NO

Sorry, BUT... OPSEC / INFOSEC (Operational security Informational security)

IE. don't tell her NOTHING, you should have told her, that the rabbit is a 4H bunny, or a FFA project ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but the TRUTH...
These people are buggers in the head, they are STALKERS, and they are the ones that will come after you...

I.E. they will play you to get as much info as they can, shoot you can usually these days find a person if you know at least their name and 'area', that will get an address, they scoop out your setup via sat photos and come do 'recon'

you need to make friends with the local 'dog catcher'

OK, here is where you screwed up. Your Email
BETTER to say nothing, or that your daughter decided to keep her... anything but tell her she's wrong, when someone is to that extreme, they are VERY sure of their own opinion being 'RIGHT' you are wrong, and... lets hope she lets it pass, and NOT take your Email to the next meeting....

I don't let people come to my house PERIOD, I drive out to 'deliver' (when I'm going that way anyways) they have a phone number, dats it unless they pay for a pedicgree
Thrianta Breeder extraordinaire,
well not really, but trying damn hard.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tundra-Treasures-Rabbitry/142934279087620

The following user would like to thank Jack for this post
tailwagging

BunnyBucks: 1,864.00

Post Number:#24  Unread postby avdpas77 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Bad Habit wrote:LMAO that's just... wow. Just wow. So... rats and mice and pigs(but not potbelly pigs) are okay to be used as snake chow, but not bunnies? I just don't understand these people.

Don't you know? Only soft furry cuddly animals are human! :shrug:
breeder of the Midwest's most mixed up pedigreed rabbits

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,677.00

Post Number:#25  Unread postby Prisma » Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm

I'd simply wrote an email nicely stating I do not deal with individuals that promote especially work in such groups as selling to them supports their actions and reasoning in my mind. I'd be worried about being used and hunted by the group with the way they have their home page. If you do decide to, I second using a strange vehicle, far away from home, and bring a friend. I wouldn't even give them the home number to call.
Rabbitry is changing in 2016.

Glenville, West Virginia

BunnyBucks: 2,715.00

Post Number:#26  Unread postby dangerbunny » Thu May 23, 2013 9:09 pm

aren't those kind of people usually against breeding and only find adopting shelter bunnies acceptable?
DangerBunny Farm
Raising purebred Holland Lop rabbits
Focusing on our beautiful BEW bunnies!
http://dangerbunnyfarm.weebly.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DangerbunnyFarm

BunnyBucks: 7,430.00

Post Number:#27  Unread postby Jack » Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 pm

UNLESS you are adopting from them, then they charge your (to make sure you value your rabbit) and want to 'teach' you about rabbits, and inspect your home....
and then complain that they have '100 rabbits' (IN UNSANITARY CONDITIONS) they can't move....
Thrianta Breeder extraordinaire,
well not really, but trying damn hard.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tundra-Treasures-Rabbitry/142934279087620

BunnyBucks: 8,984.00

Post Number:#28  Unread postby mystang89 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah, you're definitely more diplomatic than me. My post would have probably gone something like, "You = crazy. Me = not stooppid. Go way away"
Have to write it like they understand.

BTW - you're avatar left without saying a word MSD.

__________ Sun May 26, 2013 10:13 am __________

Jack wrote:NO

Sorry, BUT... OPSEC / INFOSEC (Operational security Informational security)

IE. don't tell her NOTHING, you should have told her, that the rabbit is a 4H bunny, or a FFA project ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but the TRUTH...
These people are buggers in the head, they are STALKERS, and they are the ones that will come after you...

I.E. they will play you to get as much info as they can, shoot you can usually these days find a person if you know at least their name and 'area', that will get an address, they scoop out your setup via sat photos and come do 'recon'

you need to make friends with the local 'dog catcher'

OK, here is where you screwed up. Your Email
BETTER to say nothing, or that your daughter decided to keep her... anything but tell her she's wrong, when someone is to that extreme, they are VERY sure of their own opinion being 'RIGHT' you are wrong, and... lets hope she lets it pass, and NOT take your Email to the next meeting....

I don't let people come to my house PERIOD, I drive out to 'deliver' (when I'm going that way anyways) they have a phone number, dats it unless they pay for a pedicgree

I agree not to let her near the house but am glad she decided to tell the truth and not lie.

BunnyBucks: 2,320.00

Post Number:#29  Unread postby Whipple » Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

I'm thinking I will only sell rabbits at shows, or do a drop off. Then again I plan on eating what I don't keep so not many worries.

Good luck, and be careful!

BunnyBucks: 140.00

Post Number:#30  Unread postby heb » Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

If someone wrote me an email saying they "belong to an animal rescue so if it didn't work out they could find the bun a new home", I simply wouldn't have responded back. I wouldn't have added any fuel to upset them, such as saying I am leery of having them come to my house or family, and I do not want them at my place. If someone wrote that to me, it would offend me and I wouldn't like them very much after that. Once it is time to schedule pickup, just say you can meet them at *blank* place and ask if they know how to get there. You don't ever have to mention anything about you not wanting them to come to your house. Just don't bring it up!

PreviousNext