it's a pain but...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
if everyone shows up to pick up their juniors this weekend I will make over $100 on pet netherlands with a few reserving netherland x mini rex because I ran out of pure netherlands. I'm learning not to rely on reserves though and I see why people demand money to reserve. I'm not listing netherlands again until they are ready to go cause I've got 600 views and at least an email a day although most don't get anywhere but some I spent a bunch of time on only to have them decide they don't want a rabbit now or they need a rabbit right now and get one elsewhere instead of waiting 2 weeks. This will pay back what I just spent on rabbit feed and fix my truck issue. Fingers crossed.

That reminds me I need to breed Amako again. This time to her son for purebred mini rex since he's finally old enough. Then I need to haul him to the stable because I cleared out a dozen last week plus sold Miyuki, my last purebred champagne, so I could put 3 young does down in the colony to empty a cage and a half (still my backup buck in there I test bred to one doe). Only netherlands and amako will be in the condo with possibly an empty cage.

Peach":1bodaaeg said:
Non refundable deposits are wonderful :) I also have the buyer and I sign a bill of Sale. Two copies. One for them and one for me ^_^

What does your bill of sale have on it? Does it have your sales policy on it or is it more like a receipt?

A lot of people who claimed a kit I never met in person. In fact I've only met one person who is getting them so far and they came to see if they liked himis due to their red eyes or not and decided they would take the himi if I had a doe of another color as well. They live within 10mins so I know they will show up to grab those does if the person who wanted the silver marten doesn't get back to me by thursday.

Always reserve with deposit, don't hold without deposit, and I don't accept checks for first time customers. Lost quite a bit of money with a puppy that way.

I don't know anyone who accepts check for rabbits. We always have to go get cash before going to a show. I've been trying to figure out how to sell an expensive saddle and horse without check but really none of the other methods like money orders and cashiers checks are much more secure. People have been faking those just as easily as a bounced check. I tried to push paypal but not many use it for off the internet transactions. I think the trick will lie in a good sales contract and just mentioning one seems to deter the spam from showing up in my email box and phone. I've only had one person try to scam me out of my $1400 saddle I'm selling and I saw that one coming a mile away.

akane":2bzge03r said:
I don't know anyone who accepts check for rabbits. We always have to go get cash before going to a show. I've been trying to figure out how to sell an expensive saddle and horse without check but really none of the other methods like money orders and cashiers checks are much more secure. People have been faking those just as easily as a bounced check. I tried to push paypal but not many use it for off the internet transactions. I think the trick will lie in a good sales contract and just mentioning one seems to deter the spam from showing up in my email box and phone. I've only had one person try to scam me out of my $1400 saddle I'm selling and I saw that one coming a mile away.

I've seen a few, I never carry money unless I absolutely have to, public school teacher habit, so I could easily go to a show and spend all the cash I have at the vendors, then spot a rabbit I want, though I do try to plan better.

My local home depot is now offering paypal as a form of payment.

We have bank machines all over the place. Even here in the depths of the countryside, there is a cash machine in the local convenience store. So how hard can it be to get cash when you need it?

We don't have an ATM at our local store... I guess we are WAY out in the country! :lol: We don't even have a gas station. There is no excuse not to bring cash though, and people should not expect to pay another way.

I don't know the pin number to my debit card cause it didn't have money in the account for 4months so kinda hard. :p:

I had no problem with a non-refundable deposit and cash at the last transaction. I think it's only fair to those who sell bunnies that if a buyer backs out to have something for holding it for them due to loss of potential sale. As a check can be used for the deposit (especially since there are a lot of rubber checks out there) cash at the final sale should be a must.

I know plastic is a big thing now a days, but paper is still what guarantees that the bills get paid.

K

1 down, now we wait again and the door code thingy to our condo building broke. Luckily I leave my keys in my truck as a habit from living on a farm and who wants to steal a 2001 s10 with some rust and a broken door. Otherwise it would have been 45mins for my husband to get back from where he is.<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 pm __________<br /><br />2 down and half the group gone so now I can enjoy outside with the dogs until we do this again tomorrow and 1 person Monday. $80 pays for 4 of the 6 bags of feed I picked up last week.

Someone came up with a great solution to our condo door while the code box is broken. There's now a sign and a rock saying to leave the rock in the door. :lol:

MaggieJ":31cyimpk said:
We have bank machines all over the place. Even here in the depths of the countryside, there is a cash machine in the local convenience store. So how hard can it be to get cash when you need it?

Not hard, but $6 transaction fees tend to scare me off. I love cash too, but if I'm 6hrs away from home and I want something and don't have enough cash for it, I'm not going to drive around looking for an ATM in an unfamiliar place. If I can find someone to take a check, I will try. I'm also taking a chance with giving someone a check, with all of my info on it.

Latest posts

Back