It's a love hate kind of thing lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have been growing purselane since spring. Theres a while bunny that is always around. My daughter named her sugar. (Lol we dont even know the sex obviously) anyway i think she/he found my huge area of purselane and trashed it! Never mind it eating some, it looks like it qas just bored and was snipping pieces here and there for fun. So needless to say ill be getting some cheap fence! Ugh

We bought some seeds from Baker's Creek this past spring, because I haven't seen a lot of it around here. I started the seeds in cups outside under a garden hoop frame, and transplanted them to the tub when the seedlings were a few inches tall.

The tub sits in full sun. It has a layer of rocks in the bottom and is filled with soil and compost. I have a wire hoop over the top to keep the chickens out. The purslane is going to seed now, and I am hoping to let most of it go and see if it reseeds itself. I know I put less than a dozen seedlings in, and the tub is overflowing.

I think I watered it a few times when the weather was really dry. This is our first time with purslane and I have found it to be very hardy.

Back