It's a first.. a polish who GROWLED

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
This is Miss Q

She is 100% the sweetest rabbit ever.

EXCEPT... well you see she had two kits born. I bring them out for three hours at a time as I'd rather they didn't freeze to death.

This morning she gave me this totally SOLID growl when I want to get her kits out after their three hours out with mom.

She growled and lunged at me. I told her to chill I'm just helping her kits out... But I really don't think she believed me.

On a positive note though... she didn't do it when I went out tonight to bring them in....

Think I should forgive her?

(just so you know... I totally get it less than positive reaction, she's just being mindful of her kits).
I was just totally surprised as polish never growl! (guess I can't say that anymore). :)

I agree. Polish are usually pretty sweet rabbits. Can't expect her not to defend her kits. Good Mama.
May I ask why you leave them for 3 hours? If the reasoning behind not leaving them is so they don't get chilled, 3 hours is more than enough for that to happen. My does only feed for less than 10 minutes at a time, then they are back out of the box.
I'm just wondering why, if you are going to the trouble to bring them in, you leave them out for 3 hours?

oh, why three hours? because I've learned that's the length of time needed before two kits start to get chilled in the temperatures we are currently facing.

They are JUST starting to get cold when I go out.
I am toughing them up for when they stay out there full time when 10 days old.

And that's when I go out to make sure rabbits who like to spill their water get a refill. :) some are still adjusting to being back on crocks.

Maybe in 10 days it'll be a little warmer too! Sheesh. Can't remember such weather. Can't even imagine what it's like way up north where you are.

Are the 2 kits broken chocolates too? We used to have Polish, but that was way back when there weren't any brokens. Solid chocolate is probably my favorite. Such a beautiful, deep, dark, rich Hershey color.

By the way, the ONLY rabbit who every tried to eat me was a little jersey wooly buck. A WOOLY! I wouldn't have believed it in a million years if it hadn't happened to me.

Pics. We definitely need to see some pics of those babies that are causing such a ruckus!

I'll be taking new pics next week, probably Tuesday and then I'll share them.

one is a broken chocolate, the other a solid chocolate.

Chocolate is my favourite colour in polish.

ladysown":2vyg0e74 said:
I'll be taking new pics next week, probably Tuesday and then I'll share them.

one is a broken chocolate, the other a solid chocolate.

Chocolate is my favourite colour in polish.

Out of context "I LOVE chocolate rabbits!"

Back