It all makes sense now!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been reading about rabbit behavior, and body language, and I have to say I am getting a real kick out of it! Literally each page makes more, and more sense to me now! :D

Especially when I read the part about a rabbit being SO VERY offended that it will pee on YOU, or on something that smells like YOU!

The reason that it is so funny to me is, because there for a while I would take my Siamese Sable into the house, and let her run around the bed with us as we watched TV. Here is where things started to click for me after reading. It says when a rabbit is very happy/relaxed/trusting, they will do the bunny flops. Meaning they tilt their head, then flop their body over. When she was on me, or my side of the bed she would bunny flop A LOT. Usually on my chest, or between my feet so she could get a better view of the TV.

How I acted while she was on the bed: Most of the time she would lay on me, or right near me, and I would pretty much only pet her when she was on my chest, or nudged at my hand. I would give her a scratch on the head, and left her be until she signaled for more attention. She also takes a few minutes to find "her" spot to lay. (I've never had an issue with her on the bed.)

How my husband acted: After some cuddles with me she would hop around the bed, and sometimes onto my husbands chest, or atop his pillow. Sometimes she would just sit on him for a few minutes, and she would pick her up, and move her to where HE wanted her to be, or would give her a pet just wherever. Without fail after him doing so it she would either hop onto his pillow again, and pee near his head, or she would wait until he got up, and would pee right where he laying.

I find it so funny now, because this would irritate my husband to no end, and eventually he banned me from bringing her into the bed with us. I tried to tell him several times that he needs to let her find HER spot to lay, or that she doesn't like the way he is petting her. Of course he never believed me, but when he wakes up I am going to show him what I just read so now he'll KNOW I wasn't just trying to defend poor bunny foo foo so I could keep her in the bed. :lol:

:lol:

I used that site ("Language of Lagomorphs", right?) to get our first rabbit to stop nipping me. Next time he nipped me, I got up and took him directly to his cage, put him in quickly, shut and locked the door, made sure he was watching, and then made a dramatic show of turning my back on him and stalking back inside.

He nipped me one more time, and I did the whole routine again.

He never nipped me again. :p

Latest posts

Back