Is zoysia OK for rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
I mow my lawn with an electric mower. A few hours afterwards the grass clippings on the lawn dried into a fine hay. I tried to google if zoysia is good for rabbits but didn't find anything.

https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publica ... ment1/S-37
INTRODUCTION OF THE SPECIES
Frank Lamson-Scribner 8 first described zoysiagrass (Zoysia pungens 9 Willd.) use in the United States in 1894 amongst a list of several grass species, which “form close, leafy mats over the surface of the ground, and usually possess considerable value for grazing or for lawns…” (Lamson-Scribner, 1895). Lamson-Scribner and many early agrostologists used Zoysia pungens Willd. to describe a type of Zoysia spp., but these early US introductions were later identified as two distinct species: Zoysia japonica [also called Osterdamia japonica (Steud.) Hitchc. in early publications] or Zoysia matrella [Osterdamia matrella (L.) Kuntze, O. zoysia Honda, Agrostis matrella L., and Z. pungens Willd. are all synonyms in early taxonomic literature] (Hitchcock, 1920; Childers and White, 1947).

Back