Is this nesting behavior?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
For the last day or two, Dot has been digging small, burrow-like holes in the hay in her nesting box. Not a bit of fur pulled, though, and she's still using the nesting box for her potty box, even though I moved it to a different corner of the cage. Thursday is Day 35 for her.

It could just be boredom, if it is day 35 I doubt she's pregnant have you tried re-breeding her? If she doesn't attack the buck chances are she isn't pregnant.

DevonW":13basw6g said:
It could just be boredom, if it is day 35 I doubt she's pregnant have you tried re-breeding her? If she doesn't attack the buck chances are she isn't pregnant.
Well, today is only Day 33. If she hasn't kindled by Friday, I'll pull the nest box and rebreed her. I don't think that Zils behave in the same way as most other breeds, so I'm not sure that would be a good indicator.

Her sister, Branwyn, didn't even dig in the nest box hay, and she had her kits all over the wire last Saturday (they were bred about the same time). I'm hoping Dot doesn't pull the same stunt, especially during the night (at least Branwyn kindled in mid-morning, and we found the kits shortly after).

Back