Is this Email ok?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. We're in Merced County. Dos Palosbis about 20 min from where I live <br /><br /> __________ Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:27 am __________ <br /><br /> Yeah. We're in Merced County. Dos Palosbis about 20 min from where I live

flagged. I don't believe CL allows sales of animals less than 8 weeks whether or not it's legal in the state.

Flagged and my 2 cents sent. It is perfectly acceptable to wean, but not to sell at 4 weeks old. Too much can go wrong and they die. I've had 4 week olds make it that I bought unknowingly, but I also had more DIE then survive that too. I would be willing to make bets that more die than live from those sales, and like others the ones that return are just wanting a cheap replacement.

Most rabbits I see from CA (correct me if I have the wrong area this ad is in) are MUCH more expensive, even pets, because of the you must be able to go and pick up at the sale location law that prohibits people from selling/trading in public spaces or other such venues (rabbit shows were exempted from this new law) they made to make it impossible for street vendors to sell rabbits. With that in mind, there might be some thing there that could get them in a great deal of trouble....

Zass":3rmpyz5m said:
I love how they told you to talk to other breeders. ;) Essentially, they specifically instructed you talk to everyone who is now flagging them...

:lol: :lol:

Perhaps you should respond to them and say that you took their advice and spoke to other breeders... then show them the responses ;)

Zass":1tldts5j said:
That was kind of what I expected you'd see.

"Most return for another?" Probably after the first one dies... Though they don't seem to make that mistake a third time.

It looks like it's illegal to sell them that age in your state though:
http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Rabbit_sale_laws_in_the_US

I wonder if they had ever heard of that in their "30 years of experience" ?

Technically, just by offering them for sale, they are breaking the law right now.

It looks like the only reference to age on that site was for Los Angeles county.

Flagged and e-mail sent. :twisted: Made sure to give her a list of literature to check out. Even made sure to list page numbers. :twisted: :lol: :lol: She should not have told you to go talk to other breeders. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

wamplercathy":3dfedjio said:
Flagged and e-mail sent. :twisted: Made sure to give her a list of literature to check out. Even made sure to list page numbers. :twisted: :lol: :lol: She should not have told you to go talk to other breeders. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:47 am __________ <br /><br /> I sent this email. It may be a little exaggerated, but I hope it scares her :twisted:

A young breeder contacted our group of breeders and rabbit enthusiasts regarding your ad. She said that you recommended she contact other breeders and I'm glad you did.

We are a large group of people , many of whom have been raising and breeding rabbits for meat, pets and profit most of our lives. We're all in agreement that you are being grossly negligent in selling your rabbits so young. Even when sold at 8 weeks, a baby rabbit has a delicate digestion and nervous system and it's common for them to succumb to a variety of illnesses, but that risk is so much higher below 8 weeks that most places have outlawed selling rabbits under 8 weeks of age. It only demonstrates your complete disregard for the well-being of your animals.

In addition, it is extremely irresponsible of you to advertise these rabbits as 'mini chinchillas', as there is no such breed and they look nothing like a chinchilla rabbit, either in body type nor color.

You are being reported in violation of craigslist rules by many concerned rabbit owners and reports have been filed with the local animal welfare groups as well. Being a responsible breeder is not simply an option, it's the law.

Thank you, Syber, and all you guys for having my back on this. :D can you let me know what she says? <br /><br /> __________ Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 am __________ <br /><br /> Thank you, Syber, and all you guys for having my back on this. :D can you let me know what she says?

Back