Is this a mini-lop?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
We would LOVE some of your thoughts as to the breed of this bunny. We were told she is a pregnant mini-lop, but we just aren't sure. Her ears don't "lop" so that makes us question it and she seems sort of large.

For reference the cage door is 12" wide.

You're thoughts?????

Thank you!

BlackLop01.JPG
BlackLop02.JPG
BlackLop03.JPG
BlackLop04.JPG
BlackLop05.JPG

She certainly looks pregnant.
As for being a 'mini lop'... it's unlikely she's a purebred. She may be part mini lop, or she may just be a really poorly structured purebred. It does happen sometimes. I have one kit in my minilop litter who doesn't have fully lopped ears, but you can still tell she's a ML by her head shape. Your doe has a pointy head, which does not indicate mini lop.

I would just consider that she may be part mini lop and leave it at that. :)

The person we got her from said that she has had 3 previous litters of about 7 to 8 each time.

She was recently bred with a mini-lop.

I had a mini lop buck for a while and I would also say that from the pics I would bet it's a mini lop cross or at best its a mini lop bred to probably a more meat standard (with that litter size, bigger rabbit, not the show standard head shape, etc).

Definitely not. May be some sort of cross, but I'd say it's likely the 2nd gen of a cross. Is it soft? I'm wondering if it isn't a velveteen experiment gone wrong.

Not a mini lop. May not be lop at all. Sometimes the larger breeds with the largest ears will have floppy ones just from the size and weak base. Seems most of my checkered giant cross rabbits I'm holding the ears together but they had huuuuge floppy ears
DSCN0475.jpg

I found the coat of mini lops was thicker and fluffier than most rabbits. They were big marshmallows. Not that "mini" at all.

Back