is my rabbit is close to birth???HELP!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueeyedrex

Reaction score
she is laying in her nest box, licking her area alot. but she still isnt pulling fur for her nest.

Relax, Blue Eyes.... Relax... most of the time the does get everything right all by herself!
She will likely get all the kits cleaned before pulling fur.. there isn't a required order of operations here... lol

If she is going to miscarry, there is nothing much you can do... if she is doing it right, again, don't bother her.... you can make her nervous and she might try and retain the kits till the predator(that's you) leaves.....

Unfortunately, first time litters and first time rabbit keepers litters are both stressful and scary..... but mother nature built in instincts into rabbits and we are there to peek in and make sure the instincts have kicked in....

in 2 years ...I have lost 2 litters, both times it was not the does fault, but mine... one I took the nest box away too soon... (I honestly didn't think she had took!!! and she wasn't stashing or pulling fur, lesson learned!) the other was a winter breeding with a summer nest box (open topped) had a really hard freeze overnight and that was the night she kindled... winter breeding only gets approved winter nest boxes from here on in.

Congrats on your rabbits.... the day of kindling never gets old and coming into the barn to new kits is a fun and rewarding experience!

@SarniaTricia thanks, what about putting a blanket ontop, she is in the living room tucked in a corner ppl still walk by her tho, to high commotion? <br /><br /> -- Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am -- <br /><br /> @SarniaTricia This is off topic but I saw your Facebook and I love your name lol. :D :) :lol: :lol: :bunnyhop:

Blueeyedrex":2rz2y3bn said:
@SarniaTricia thanks, what about putting a blanket ontop, she is in the living room tucked in a corner ppl still walk by her tho, to high commotion?

-- Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am --

@SarniaTricia This is off topic but I saw your Facebook and I love your name lol. :D :) :lol: :lol: :bunnyhop:

A blanket will be fine.... Rabbits have been having babies without human help for a long time.... :D

Thank you .... my first experience with Rabbits convinced me they were all carrying switch blades (Hence the Bad Ass Bunny name)
And I was reminded again this morning by one of my does... :evil: .... if she were not already sold, her name would be Dinner.... I DO NOT tolerate biting!
Good luck with your first litter... and remember to BREATH>...lol

SarniaTricia":1docw70w said:
Blueeyedrex":1docw70w said:
@SarniaTricia thanks, what about putting a blanket ontop, she is in the living room tucked in a corner ppl still walk by her tho, to high commotion?

-- Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am --

@SarniaTricia This is off topic but I saw your Facebook and I love your name lol. :D :) :lol: :lol: :bunnyhop:

A blanket will be fine.... Rabbits have been having babies without human help for a long time.... :D

Thank you .... my first experience with Rabbits convinced me they were all carrying switch blades (Hence the Bad Ass Bunny name)
And I was reminded again this morning by one of my does... :evil: .... if she were not already sold, her name would be Dinner.... I DO NOT tolerate biting!
Good luck with your first litter... and remember to BREATH>...lol

Triple quote lol... I understand about the dinner thing...and god bless you for enforcing it, eating rabbits is such a tabboo subject (i live in the us) and its somewhat annoying lol. But i also live on a farm so im used to that cow being dinner.

First off, good luck with the babies, Blueeyedrex! You'll do great, just remember to breathe deep. :oops:

Blueeyedrex":q13aye0b said:
I understand about the dinner thing...and god bless you for enforcing it, eating rabbits is such a tabboo subject (i live in the us) and its somewhat annoying lol. But i also live on a farm so im used to that cow being dinner.
I did want to point out that while it's not exactly common, there are lots of people in the US that see those cute little furballs as food. I'm one of them. ;)
Although I'll agree with you that you've gotta be careful who you admit that to in day-to-day life... a couple of my coworkers think it's awesome, but I stay very quiet around the"pet-only" types. I don't wanna rock the boat too much. :twisted: :mrgreen:

All the best to your (hopefully) soon-to-be mama! :good-luck:

Nymphadora":2rf703ri said:
I did want to point out that while it's not exactly common, there are lots of people in the US that see those cute little furballs as food. I'm one of them. ;)

Om-nom-nom-nom. :lilbunny: :pinkbunny: :chef: :yes:

It's certainly becoming more and more common-place to see advertisements on Craigslist for "Meat Rabbits for sale. Make great pets or food" in fact the market is a bit flooded with them right now in Oklahoma. ... But I certainly don't tell my neighbors I have rabbits in the backyard and the ones who know I do I definitely don't tell them I EAT them. :lol:

Nymphadora":2racqjdt said:
First off, good luck with the babies, Blueeyedrex! You'll do great, just remember to breathe deep. :oops:

Blueeyedrex":2racqjdt said:
I understand about the dinner thing...and god bless you for enforcing it, eating rabbits is such a tabboo subject (i live in the us) and its somewhat annoying lol. But i also live on a farm so im used to that cow being dinner.
Although I'll agree with you that you've gotta be careful who you admit that to in day-to-day life... a couple of my coworkers think it's awesome, but I stay very quiet around the"pet-only" types. I don't wanna rock the boat too much. :twisted: :mrgreen:

All the best to your (hopefully) soon-to-be mama! :good-luck:
i fully understand, the babie right now are not at all going to be dinner they are pets(mini rex vienna x vienna)

Back