Register

Is it a good idea to feed show formula for rabbits living

Choose the right feeds to suit your needs and budget.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,441.00

Is it a good idea to feed show formula for rabbits living

Post Number:#1  Unread postby a7736100 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:56 pm

outdoors in winter so they'll have more protein to keep warm?

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 36,700.00

Re: Is it a good idea to feed show formula for rabbits livin

Post Number:#2  Unread postby akane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:07 am

I didn't find a few protein percentages important. Most of the time I could only get 16% rabbit pellets anyway and feed brand made a bigger difference. I know a few people have found higher protein useful for certain breeds or individual groups of rabbits but not only during winter. My veterinary classes were limited to large livestock but we were taught conditions above 0F or with good shelter rather than open pasture usually did not require increasing protein or calories much. It does spend a month or sometimes a bit more as subzero here but that's a pretty limited time to need to buy a different feed and rabbits often aren't bred in winter. If anything I fed lower protein but higher fat when we had lots of rabbits in the horse stable over winter. We alternated days of pellets with some days of straight oats. Oats are around 7% fat and 10-12% protein.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

The following user would like to thank akane for this post
michaels4gardens