in pain or just being weird

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
My favorite netherland buck that I am keeping out of all my netherlands (they left last week) is making squeaking and grunting noises randomly. He's eating, drinking, pooping, eyes and nose clear. I can find no injury. I can't say much for his activity level since he spent the first 2 years in a small cage and learned to just sit and lay around watching everything. That's pretty much all he's done his whole life every day. With his little front paws tucked in he lays there watching. He's thrilled to be inside again with a fleece blanket to pile up and lay on. He's in the bedroom in a 30x25 bird cage so often I'll hear him squeaking and grunting in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if I should just wait and see or take him to the vet to check things I can't like his teeth but he is still eating. :?

Maybe he's just sore from being able to move around more, has some stiff muscles. Maybe he needs alittle bunny massage! LOL

He started out in a big rabbitry with a great show career until one of his toenails turned white. I used him to breed for a year in a pen inside the colony. Now I'm emptying my colonies from 50 rabbits down to a little over 10 with 6 in cages at the stable and 2-3 in cages at the condo. I'm really debating finding him a very good indoor home. Even if I neuter him my indoor rabbit hutch only has room for 2. I'd have to buy another rabbit cage and he'd sit in the most boring room because rabbits can't go near chinchillas and chinchillas have to be kept cool unlike hedgehogs so rabbits are in the spare bedroom with the hedgehogs and chinchillas are taking over the livingroom.<br /><br />__________ Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 am __________<br /><br />He was grunting again this morning when my husband got up for work. I'm wondering if he just wants out of his cage. He loves to run around the bed and dig in the blankets.

He has a fleece blanket he piles up in various places and then lays on to watch us and sleep.

Back