If you had to do 1 fur color

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared77

Reaction score
other than white to tan with what would it be?

If you were going to do make items like a throw or mittens what would you choose? My buddy who's big into taxidermy and I were talking and it came up in discussion. Thought I'd throw it out there to see what everybody else thinks.

I dont like artifical looking fur clothing so I would pick any colour of agouti.

If I had to pick one favourite it would be silver tipped steel.

I'm a big fan of chocolate. I think brown fur has a universality to it, a generic but beautiful "fur" look without being easily identifiable as one animal over another. Maybe not a quality I'd want all the time, but if I had to choose one, that'd be it. Also doesn't show dirt as much and contrasts nicely with the creamy colors of brain-tanned leather.

I love my Champagnes, their silvery color is gorgeous...I just put a pelt into the freezer to save to tan later. I love this color, part of why I chose Champagnes! :)

Every color rabbits come in.
Love to have chocolate, lilac, blue SF hides and then all solid Rex color hides!

Chinchillas! Although chocolate iler tipped steel is gorgeous. And its nice that the whole hide is the same color.

If I could only have one color I would go nuts.
one of the main reasons I raise rabbits, is all the color I get to see.
a rabbit with out color is a poor poor bunny, over looked by the rabbit color God.LOL

I can't poss. choose only 1 color.

Every time my best friend sees brokens she goes all Cruella Deville and starts laughing evilly . . . I on the other hand want blues. A huge soft blue rex blanket . . . yep that would be christmas :)

Black and Chocolate. LOL My rabbitry is full of broken blacks and seals. Everytime I get a black, something seems to happen. The new herd buck I purchased at Nats is doing good though *knock on wood* I bred him to a seal and I got two black and two sables. I lost of the blacks today through cause the doe got startled during a bad thunderstorm in the early hours and must of stomped on him. :( He was dying so I just knocked him so he wouldn't suffer anymore, but I was really bummed. I hope the last solid black is a looker. Too many broken in my rabbitry! Need more stunning blacks :) I'm hoping the rabbits I've already sold for convention will leave me enough room to maybe pick up a chocolate. I would be so happy.

I'd probably have to do with black. I love the blue-tinge a great black pelt has, like ravens' feathers.

Is this a trick question as rabbits only have two colors, black and brown? All the others are the results of modifiers?

In that case I would say Black. But if allowed modifiers, I would choose otter. And the breed would have to be Netherland Dwarf with their 'oh pinchably cute' otter cheeks!

hmm...I have a lot of black rabbits...but maybe chocolate Sf I recently got three little half sf that are chocolate and they are adorable. All I know is it couldn't be any shade of orange o.o my dog thinks all orange animals are pure evil...including my Flemish buck and my other dog :/

Back