If you cant get the ones you love honey love the ones u can

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
As I have told people for years, if you can't get the breed you want, get any bunnies you can get your hands on. All rabbits are made of meat, after all! :D

So, we now have Azalia, standard rex doe (a cull for many reasons but she gets a pass if she raises her kits born yesterday), a mini rex buck named Bonnie, a Netherland x lion head buck called Geno, a Lion head doe now called Goldie and her two daughters (five months old) that are lion head x dwarf lop called Alice and Mable.

The first litter is supposed to be from a Rex buck but not sure until they get a bit more size on them, right now they are just little dark otter lumps. Bless!

Now to see how they all do! :D

precisely, too many people want an exact breed that they wait forever until they find it. Meanwhile they buy rabbit from the market. If they just start with what is locally available you can just cull when you find what you want.

ladysown":2o9x59vf said:
precisely, too many people want an exact breed that they wait forever until they find it. Meanwhile they buy rabbit from the market. If they just start with what is locally available you can just cull when you find what you want.

Or breed up to suit your needs.

Azalia's kits still alive and looking good! :D

I tried a few breeds, and making designer mutts, before I finally stumbled on a breed that suited me in every way. After starting on the harlis, I can honestly say I have never looked back.

Attachments

• 90663005_210416960039039_8117685938324242432_n.jpg
    90663005_210416960039039_8117685938324242432_n.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 655
Would it be useful for RT to have a list of various breeders of the different breeds? If anyone is looking for an English Angora in Hawaii, they could contact me, although I'm looking for new breed stock myself at this moment.

With meat rabbits, as GBov mentioned, it's probably easier to source rabbits since they're all edible, but for the wool breeds, it's a bit more difficult. Especially since the wool on the different breeds of angora is a bit different for each breed, so even getting just any type of angora won't have the same type of fiber. Mixing the angora breeds also can result in a wool rabbit with a coat that's a huge chore to take care of where a purebred will have a much easier care coat. So, where do folks get their rabbits from?

Back