If an earthquake wasn't enough...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
We had a tornado yesterday too!

Not more then 5 minutes from our house. The south end of Midland is a complete mess. Smith's camp was the hardest hit, campers and mobile homes have been completely destroyed. Lots of destroyed factories and businesses. Car lots were trashed and power lines ripped up. We were without power from 6pm to about 3pm today.

Here is a picture of the beastie that nearly got us:
33402_127184927318285_100000803363470_121628_7343249_n.jpg

Glad it missed you, Devon. I was visiting my father near Peterborough back in the mid-1990's when a tornado came through. Not fun! And we were lucky... just on the edge of it. Debris took out the whole dining room window and the huge basswood tree was twisted out of the ground like a dandelion.

Whoa, Devon, that's a monster! Glad you got spared!

We've had a number of tornadoes pass by during hurricanes. You can't hear them because of the hurricane, so you don't even know they were there until later... which is kinda creepy.

Shaygetz and I used to think that those people who stay and watch the tornado coming were nuts... then Shaygetz saw one. He found himself absolutely transfixed. His boss came out and asked him what he was looking at. He just pointed and kept looking. :lol: I guess you contract a kind of temporary insanity when you are watching something that powerful.

Yikes! That's a scary looking thing. :shock:

I agree, earthquake or tornado - just one would have been quite enough. Glad it missed you!

Holy moley! I'm glad it missed you!!! That looks like some kind of destruction machine.

Yikes! Did they say what the tornado registered on the Fujita scale? Glad y'all are ok!

Latest posts

Back