Identify each other at convention. Lets take a vote! >DRAFTS

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyfarmgirl

Reaction score
A suggestion was mentioned on another thread about using an identifying something to make us known to each other at convention this fall. So I propose some suggestions and a vote. What should it be?
Shirt?
Hat?
Aprons?
Pin?
Stickers?

What could be something that is worn all week so we can find each other that will be obvious and visible? I know someone who makes these sort of things for a living. If we could come up with something good I can present it to her and have her make some for the users here.

Please lets have discussion about this.

I am thinking some kind of a pin or sticker, maybe a hat, since lots of folks will be wanting to wear shirts with their rabbitry on it or breed group affiliations.

I vote for a pin. It would be really neat if it could incorporate the web address and our usernames. :)

I think a pin would probably work out best. I might be able to post Galadriel's concept tomorrow or Monday. She was going to have me put it on the distinctive RT blue, with the header text, web address, and a spot for the username.

I think you guys have the right idea with the pin too. I just said sew on patch in the other thread from my scooter tramp days I guess.
RIDE.gif

They would be a great way to find each other at our local shows as well.

Homer, I didn't think about that but it would be awesome. I would love to know if there were other RT members at local shows too. This is a must! haha.

Sounds like pin has the vote, but IDK if user name is possible. someone have an idea for this? Unless.... Hmmm. You know I have a local friend with one of those button making machines. You know, the metal circular ones? I wonder what the medium is, paper under a clear cover? If that's the case I bet every button could be custom made. SO lets have a design people. Who's game?

I replied. :lol: post235360.html#p235360

What size buttons can that machine make? That would make a huge difference in what the button design could contain.

I was thinking the usual ~2x3 name tag badges that could be printed on sticky paper or printed on plain paper and slipped inside a clear name tag pin, that sort of thing. But if we go with round pins, we need to know the size of the button it can make. :)

I think the 2X3 with the slip in paper is an equally good idea. Everyone could buy their own pin and receive the design to print out themselves. I guess which one would be up to the people here. I think my friends machine can do both sizes, the 2 1/2 inch and the 3 1/2 or 4 inch. I guess the people should decide which one and if the metal circles win the vote I'll call him. Otherwise I wont. He can be kind of windy, ;)

lonelyfarmgirl":1qifyruh said:
Sounds like pin has the vote, but IDK if user name is possible. someone have an idea for this? Unless.... Hmmm. You know I have a local friend with one of those button making machines. You know, the metal circular ones? I wonder what the medium is, paper under a clear cover? If that's the case I bet every button could be custom made. SO lets have a design people. Who's game?

If you do the round metal buttons, just leave a blank space in the design. Then each person can write their username on the button themselves with a Sharpie.

Okay, here are Galadriel's rough drafts, with some rough coloring in GIMP, and my username where you could put yours:

Badge 1, simple with the familiar header:

Badge1.png

Badge 2, fanciful with a bun chewing on the username box:

Badge2.png

Badge 3, a different take on the RT header bunny:

Badge3.png

Keep in mind that the original pencil in there mixed with computer coloring makes for a little oddness. :)

What do y'all think? :p

Thanks! I know she'll appreciate that. :)

I guess I need to set up a poll later, to see which one everyone wants finished. Also, whether we need round versions instead, for a button, what size button, all that.

Great job Galadriel!!! :clap: :punk: Thanks for your help. ;)

Just a thought but hold a poll for which one to use. Then make it a .pdf so we can download our own, edit in our name, print and buy our own holder/pin to put it in.

Aaawwwww... shucks, guys! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I finally had to lock myself away in my room and crack down on the bottom two. :wr_sweat:

The first is all Mom's, and she colored my two on the computer, as I'm no geek. :teknology:

Latest posts

Back