ideas on how to mark tanned pelts?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessiL

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks. I am getting to the end of my tanning experiment, and now need to keep track of which pelts were tanned in which method. I used the alum pickle (which is not a true tan), and Tasco's EZ-100 tanning kit (which results in waterproof well-tanned pelts). Because some are waterproof and some aren't, I want to make sure to keep track of which are which.

Does anyone know if I can just mark on the leather side of the pelts with a Sharpie or a crayon or something? No matter what, I'd do it on the edge in an area likely to get trimmed away later.

Why not just poke a paper clip through an edge and put a little tag on it? Or just slide the paper clip onto the leather?

I don't see a problem with the paper clip or sharpie method.

If Tasco's ez 100 is the same as rittels ez-100 (and I think it is) they aren't exactly waterproof. They will need re-broken if wet.

Hmm, paper clip is a good idea. And yes, Tasco and Rittel are apparently the same thing these days. I guess by "waterproof" they mean that the finished pelts won't rot if dampened.

Latest posts

Back