I've joined the dark side...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Well, kinda. I mean, I've always been prone to black rabbits. I probably had more blacks than anything else, and even had a black stray find me back in autumn. I was adamant my first bunny almost 8 years ago be black...wow time flies. And ever since, I've practically been overrun with black buns, and through a Cal/NZ mutt project I started 5 years ago, I realized I quite like silvering...even when that herd ended and I started my new herd, I inevitably went back to breeding for silvering. Once again, I've decided to change direction, but which direction depended on what was available at the show due to my limited transportation. I had a feeling I was going to end up with more black rabbits, and sure enough!

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long, but it finally happened...

I got Silver Fox. :cool:

IMG_0988-2.jpg

Still nameless and scared of me, but they're a huge improvement compared to what I have now. Can't wait to see how big these babies get! :popcorn:

TBH, I'd be pretty happy for uniform black litters...it's easier to focus on the things that matter rather than fancy colors. :oops:

SarniaTricia":10cl04vn said:
I prefer black and white....lol

But I have a draw to black chickens!
I have fixated on Americana for when we have the property to grow them.
Mix 'em with some Ayam Cemani... :mrgreen:

Back