I (sorta, not really) forgot my mom's bday today :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel awful. Life has been crazy this week, and somehow I lost an entire day... I thought it was the 23rd! I have had an extra little girl during the day this week and haze zero concept of time b/c I haven't gone anywhere or done anything out of the house (I don't like having someone else's precious cargo in my vehicle unless absolutely necessary)... add to that our church being vandalized (including arson) and - whew! They made an arrest tonight which is BIG news, and the kid (16 year old facing 5 felonies) and his mom came by the church during choir practice to apologize (DH is the choir director). We ended up being caught up in conversation about the whole ordeal, speculation about who else was involved (2 arrests so far, the one guy and an unnamed juvenile) with the cops saying that the investigation is ongoing. I sat down, looked at the date and time and went AHHHHHH! I called her cell and no answer, I guess she's already in bed :( . I am her only child (my dad's youngest) and I am sure she was disappointed to not hear from me. I can't take it back though, as much as I wish I could.

You can't take it back, but you can call her in the morning and apologize and explain. Maybe take her out to lunch someplace nice if that is feasible. You'll both feel better once this is cleared up . . . and most moms are pretty forgiving of lapses on the part of busy, grown children.

Back