I now feed them after 4pm.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
Got tired of getting up to feed them so I kept doing it later till I sometimes finish just before dark. Happy it's daylight savings now.
Well feed gone up again. Sux when each time is higher than the last month. Gas been going up each week too.

Bunnies are active in the mornings and evenings, so after 4pm isn't a problem for them. They sleep a lot during the day so either mornings or evenings work well for them.

Can you source your feed from a lower priced source? Where are you getting it from now?

Here we feed an 18% protein 'performance' pellet since that's the only bunny pellet that the feed store brings in. (It's Hawaii, all alfalfa is shipped in) It's in 40# bags and I can get 50# of rolled barley for the same price so about 10 - 15% barley is added to their ration. Since the feed is by weight and not volume and the rolled barley is 'fluffier' than the alfalfa, there's more barley by volume for the same price as the alfalfa so it's less expensive than the bunny pellets. Sometimes we get 'alfalfa cubes' which are less expensive than bunny pellets and give them to the bunnies for chew toys.

The bunnies also get a lot of forage since that's free, but I don't know if you'd have that option in your area at this time of year.

18% Southern States is now over $18 for 50 pounds. I can get 17% Farmers Coop for $15 but it means a 100 mile round trip to the store. 15% Kalmbach 7 miles away is $18.

Latest posts

Back