I need advice for my buns!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneyMaee

Reaction score
I'm 13 and I have 4 buns, and absoloutly adore them. I really need some advice on the best ways to care for them and I'm having a few issues with them... :bunnyhop: <br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 pm __________<br /><br />I have two Californians: 1 Buck -Hewitt- & 1 Doe -Mariah-. And then I picked up a Cinnimon Netherland Dwarf named EmmaGrace, along with a Ermine Netherland named Harley. They are all about 11-12 weeks old. I'm kind-of worried about EmmaGrace. She is very small, tiniest of them all and very shy. Ive been giving her treats, holding her, and stroking her nose. She just wont com out of her shell. And Hewitt, my baby, is getting overly territorial. He noses the Does hard and chases them. Occasionally he nips them too, he is calmer with Harley. Is it just him being a boy or is it something I can fix? He is the sweetest thing but I dont know, he's gotten more aggitated lately. Thrashing about when I lift him out of his cage.. Poor Bun. I wonder whats troubling him!!

1. put them all into separate cages OR just into groups of two
2. hewitt needs his own space or he's going to cause some damage.
3. are you planning on breeding them? if not, separate them ASAP.
4. be prepared for kits in about 31 days, just to be on the safe side...

Yep! Sounds like they all need some alone time for sure. They're all becoming hormonal teenagers, so the girls could start to fight and the boy will start...being a boy

Unfortunately, not all rabbits will get along. The best results come with rabbits who are raised together.

The buck is probably looking at the girls as mates. If he isn't neutered, Ladysown is right -- you should be ready for kits in a month.

EmmaGrace is probably at the bottom of the bunny pecking order there. She may come out of her shell if she is housed alone, and interacts with you alone. That way, she doesn't have to be at the bottom of the pecking order.

Back