I caught a REX!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
I've been wanting a rex buck, just for fun...and of course I'm still plagued with black rabbits! My first rabbit was black, and more than half since have been black. :? He's really earned the name Dumb Luck!

Not sure if he's fully standard rex because he hasn't grown much. I haven't been free-feeding him, so he's not all fatty, but he's never really been bony, so I haven't worried. He was 5.6lb when I caught him, and now 6.3lb two months later.

I spotted him and knew he was rex from an acre away! :p He showed up waggling his tail taking an interest in my does. He came running right up to me when he heard/smelled the pellets. I almost caught him the first time, but I missed so it got tricky, but I manage to funnel him into my rabbit yard and corner him. He seemed a bit young still, because I mistook him for a doe until he stood up.

He's a silly floppy boy.

Attachments

• Dummy.jpg
    Dummy.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 828
  • first day1.jpg
    first day1.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 828
  • flppy.jpg
    flppy.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 828
And so, so soft. :in_love:
My mini rex turned out a dud, so no color fun with him...
I paired this fella to one of my angora, a sable that carries tort and dilute, so it'll be fun to see if he's hiding anything. She palpated positive just the other day...yay mongrels! :twisted:

I dont understand. You caught a rex. Was he yours to begin with and got out or came from some where else?

Stray that wandered in. No tattoo, just showed up hungry and frisky. Never found anything about lost bunnies out here, and neighbors didn't know where or who he could've come from either.
Finder's keepers. :whistle:

Better for you find and keep then a dog making lunch out of it. Congrads on the find.

What a handsome boy!

With the length of his ears, I would say he is definitely a Rex, not a mini. Some lines take a long time to mature- early on when I started raising them, some of my bucks wouldn't reach senior weight until 8 or 9 months, but then kept gaining until well over a year.

Back