I am not a pet store

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
You can not email or call me up with orders that equal demands for rabbits tomorrow. I am a person with a life that is not a pet store who has classes, work, hobbies... and rabbits in 2 locations. If you want a rabbit tomorrow the pet store is that way at double my prices for mutts and I know someone just returned a sick one. Since they all get their rabbits from the same lop breeder who steals my kent pellets every time I order them cause the staff won't hold them when they say they will all pet store rabbits are probably sick for a 50mile radius right now. Good luck. Otherwise if I have your attention now I'll get back to you next week after the biggest show in the area finishes this weekend.

If only I didn't have to make 5 slightly shorter and nicer versions of that email in the past 2 days.

I'm with you on that! I hate the pet store that my boyfriend works for -.- They are like oh we have used the same "breeder' for years! Really? Are you serious? Cause I just see sick 4 week old mutts all the time. They probably haven't been touched until the day they were loaded to come to the store. I wonder why they want to claw themselves away from anything that picks them up? They lose rabbits all the time and when I come in to see my boyfriend it's like,"Help us! We don't know why this is happening!" -______- Like I've been telling you.....the "breeder" is a piece of crap that is full of more crap. All the rabbits he brings in are too young. They also tell everyone there are all "dwarfs". All he does is cross many of the regular medium-large breeds with Netherlands or they are some other mixture. I can't wait for my boyfriend to quit in the next few months!

If I'm in the store, I usually give people my card when I warn them about what they can expect and try to discourage.....but people want the bunny NOW. I give it a week and then I get calls about smeared butts which follows death shortly afterwards. I told you so and you got what you paid for. Let me know when you want to wait for a quality pet...<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:59 pm __________<br /><br />I feel good when people are willing to be put on my waiting list for a rabbit :) It takes serious commitment to wait as long as it takes for me to pick my keepers and sell accordingly.

I just got his email

Do you have a phone number and address looking for a rabbit for a 4-H project

Does that seem a bit rude? Perhaps the digital age is making people crazy, but when I send emails to people I put my name, where I am from, and tell them a bit about why I want what ever they have. It's just too much out here for me to give my # and address out willy nilly to someone who fills out next to nothing on my email form. I told this person that I don't freely give out my # or house address, until I get a proper introduction, and I know what you need. I don't want an inbox full of text spam, or som random person showing up at my house. Many breeders will meet you somewhere, you don't go to there houses.

I just quit selling pets altogether. I refer them to a friend nearby that sells "designer" rabbits and demands crazy prices for them. Hey, if she can squeeze $60 out of them for a "Magalop", all power to her.

I respond all the time that I do not give out my number with first contact due to spam. Usually they just go away. I guess they can't be bothered to put in the effort to write one more email with actual information in it.

I an article on how a rescue was trying to encourage people to buy white rabbits by saying they are overall nicer,friendlier rabbits compared to "designer" rabbits of other colors. Gotta love those rescues

ive noticed some rescues jack up the price on all rabbits to $60. on COMMON breeds because its soo much better to adopt from them. $60 no cage no food no nothing.. ehh

Back