Hutch idea I found on CL.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like using wood for rabbits or rodents but I have converted several wardrobes, dressers and even old TV's into reptile or bird cages :)

Here is my corner unit for my Honduran Milk Snake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1,716
That is BRILLIANT! Perhaps not as a rabbit hutch for wood nibbling buns but other species could be kept in it most successfully. I am thinking of adapting the idea as a chick brooder!

Interesting.
If it were my project, I'd have smaller top shelves to create more headroom on the bottom floor, maybe just because I raise big rabbits. I'd also get rid of the ramps, and use 14 gauge floor wire instead of that hardware cloth.

It could be nice for one bunny who mostly potties where you want it to, and mostly chews on what you want it to chew on. My experience is that as soon as you add a second bunny, good potty habits often fly out the window.

I wouldn't even consider anything with that much wood for breeding in.

Now I'm thinking I need to build one for Mucky, nice litterbox using house rabbit that she is!
I wouldn't even need the poo drawers for her. I'd just add a couple removable litterboxes in her favorite places.

Back