hubby's new hobby...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
If your married you know there are those times that you just are proud of your other half, you know, the times that make up for the moments when you don't want to admit they're yours? (Just kidding... Sometimes)

This is one of those times I had to brag on him. :)

Hubs has started a new hobby, building bushcraft and hunting knives in he shed / backyard. He's even learned how to sew his own sheaths too.

The knife below used to be an old saw mill blade. He cut the blank out, softened the metal, and shaped the blade, and then put an edge on the blade and heat treated it to harden it again. The wooden scales for the handle are local cut cedar with a black liner and then some oak for the butt end of the handle. Turned of beautiful. He finished the sheath this morning. It's my new skinner for hunting season. (Or overly feisty rabbits... :mrgreen: )

He's made quite a few more in he two or three months since he started this hobby, but this is my favorite by far...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 407
I'll pass on the compliments to the other half, thanks all! He's trying to get a small stock of knives together and then when he does, we'll be starting up an etsy shop with his knives and my fiber/rabbit/ other art stuff. It will still be a ways out though.

@ Homer:

Hubs said it was nice to meet you at the show and to kind of see what they're all about before I drag him to a 12 hour show day. He thinks he'll survive it though. :)

PSFAngoras":1cdp5xew said:
I'll pass on the compliments to the other half, thanks all! He's trying to get a small stock of knives together and then when he does, we'll be starting up an etsy shop with his knives and my fiber/rabbit/ other art stuff. It will still be a ways out though.

Please let me know when that happens- hubby has been buying me hand-made knives for years as gifts, and I would love to have one of your hubby's.

Back