How WONDERFUL!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DumansArk

Reaction score
I got an email back on one of my ads. They asked some questions, their replies were literate and to the point.

We set a time and place to meet. I arrived early - so did they! Two women got out, and a young girl of 9 years. She introduced herself and... it was the person I'd been chatting with online! Her grandmother and great grandmother told me that the girl had to work to earn the money for the cage and supplies, and she had to negotiate a good bargain and find a seller. Wow! Reminded me of how my mom raised my siblings and I.

The girl was funny, whip smart and very responsible. She wanted them all =D and was wringing her hands over who she should take from the litter, but I told her to take her time and told her more about their personalities to help her make an informed choice.

She emailed me back to tell me that she just might try 4H like I'd mentioned, and that the baby was settled in and eating.

AWWW! Now THESE are the customers I love!!

How super! They didn't buy my little piggie, did they? ;) I know you are keeping her for your breeding program!

Sure is nice to hear about kids that are being brought up well. My nine year old son is pretty close to paying off his Aussie pup. It wasn't a long-planned purchase, the opportunity just fell into our laps so we gave him a loan. He is an incredible dog too! Smart as a whip and very obedient.

Cait and Ladysown: Precisely my opinion too!

MamaSheepdog: HA HA HA!!! No, not 'your' little piggie rabbit =D (Oh how my family will be giving me weird looks now when I call her "the little rabbit guinea pig"!)

Your Aussie pup story reminds me of times my Mom did that for my siblings and I when we were growing up. Life lessons that are golden.

DumansArk,

Have you named the Not-Mine-little piggie rabbit yet? Because I have had an epiphany!

Why not name her for a coin, since a 'guinea' was a gold coin used in England? Personally, I favor 'sovereign' which referred to any variety of gold coins in the U.K., but it also means: "of the most exalted kind; supreme. One that exercises supreme authority in a limited sphere. An acknowledged leader."

:king: I could easily see her holding court as Queen of DumansArk Astrex program, carrot scepter at hand. (But maybe that's just me) You could name any progeny that retain the classic LPR (LittlePiggieRabbit) characteristics after other coins! Dare I hope that some "spare change" will hop the bunnytrain to California some day? :cool:

I had a rabbit named Duchess once... :) Of course, that's not a coin, though. She did grow into the name, though. From a little bitty thing into this huge (not fat) doe with a sizable dewlap.

What an awesome experience with that little girl! It is so refreshing to see kids being taught responsibility like that! :D

MamaSheepdog":zd2ramy3 said:
DumansArk,

Have you named the Not-Mine-little piggie rabbit yet? Because I have had an epiphany!

Why not name her for a coin, since a 'guinea' was a gold coin used in England? Personally, I favor 'sovereign' which referred to any variety of gold coins in the U.K., but it also means: "of the most exalted kind; supreme. One that exercises supreme authority in a limited sphere. An acknowledged leader."

:king: I could easily see her holding court as Queen of DumansArk Astrex program, carrot scepter at hand. (But maybe that's just me) You could name any progeny that retain the classic LPR (LittlePiggieRabbit) characteristics after other coins! Dare I hope that some "spare change" will hop the bunnytrain to California some day? :cool:

:rotfl: ROTFL!!! :rotfl:

I believe she just became DumansArk LPR Sovereign --- I love it when names have meaning, and how well thought out! :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 am __________<br /><br />
Miss M":zd2ramy3 said:
I had a rabbit named Duchess once... :) Of course, that's not a coin, though. She did grow into the name, though. From a little bitty thing into this huge (not fat) doe with a sizable dewlap.

What an awesome experience with that little girl! It is so refreshing to see kids being taught responsibility like that! :D

I can see that Duchess would have been a regal name for such an impressive doe!
We have Duchess slated for one of the goat kids this year. Here's to hoping we get DOES :D

As for the girl: It was refreshing! I saw it on another thread and am about to paraphrase badly; but it is sad when seeing something like this is an oddity - it should be the norm.

[/quote]

:rotfl: ROTFL!!! :rotfl:

I believe she just became DumansArk LPR Sovereign --- I love it when names have meaning, and how well thought out! :)

__________ Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 am __________

:p YAY! Happy Hops! You gotta love word association. Thank heavens she wasn't already named Little Fluff-a-Muffin or something. :roll: I love the LPR designation! I'm glad you like the name, and decided to use it. Although she'll always be Not Mine in my heart... <sniff!> Woe is me, 'tis a cruel, cruel world... <sigh>

I hope she gives you lots of beautiful Royal Popple-progeny!

I like Not Mine too - and I totally feel your pain MamaSheepdog. I was slated to get a really nice pair of rabbits, have had things in motion for months. It's two weeks away from pick-up and suddenly pandamonium happens on the side of the seller; suffice it to say I don't think I will be calling them mine now.

Sigh. :( Not Mine rabbits can make one pine so!

Tell ya what though; if there is ever a rabbit relay or drift from me to CA, we'll see about siblings/offspring heading for ya! :bunnyhop:

Oh, I am so, so sorry to hear that. Not Mine wasn't ever even close to being mine(and how I pine for her!), so how much worse it must be for you with the months of anticipation.

If you ever do send any LPRs my way I would be eternally grateful, and gladly repay the favor by sending some long haired ratties to you. In fact, the kids were talking today about getting mice for that 100g fish tank that Feather is in right now- I'm quite certain they'd like rats even more! They think it would be neat to have lots of straw in there for them to tunnel through, kind of like an ant farm. (Works great too- that's how I set up my cages when I used to breed fancy mice and hooded rats long ago. Their fur gets polished by the straw when they go through their burrows and they just gleam!) So who knows- steer me in the direction of a breeder you favor, and maybe we could trade babies.

Ahh... if only our dreams could become reality!

(I thought a little cheesiness could be tolerated since I'm talking about rats!)

MamaSheepdog":38a61lsr said:
Oh, I am so, so sorry to hear that. Not Mine wasn't ever even close to being mine(and how I pine for her!), so how much worse it must be for you with the months of anticipation.

If you ever do send any LPRs my way I would be eternally grateful, and gladly repay the favor by sending some long haired ratties to you. In fact, the kids were talking today about getting mice for that 100g fish tank that Feather is in right now- I'm quite certain they'd like rats even more! They think it would be neat to have lots of straw in there for them to tunnel through, kind of like an ant farm. (Works great too- that's how I set up my cages when I used to breed fancy mice and hooded rats long ago. Their fur gets polished by the straw when they go through their burrows and they just gleam!) So who knows- steer me in the direction of a breeder you favor, and maybe we could trade babies.

Ahh... if only our dreams could become reality!

(I thought a little cheesiness could be tolerated since I'm talking about rats!)

You used to raise mice and rats too! Neat!! Me too - but the mice (although very pretty, and I had some fantastic colors/hair types I hated to part with) just smell too much. I can handle ferret musk, buck goat musk, but mice? Phew! :D

DEFINITELY let me know if you get into the Harley rats - THAT WOULD BE SO DARN COOL!!! The breeder's site that I've visited most is http://www.ratsfrommars.com/ - but there are a few others and perhaps one that is closer to you too. Ah, I love how the Internet brings the world a little bit closer :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 pm __________<br /><br />
LilFish_JWQueen(:":38a61lsr said:
i also love selling to people like that..you kno you're putting the animal in good hands.

Oh yes, me too! Me too. It is such a good feeling.

Back