How to groom Rex for a show?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skykomish

Reaction score
I've seen people grooming their Rex extensively and IDK what they are using. I have some VERY nice Rex, and they usually come back with comments on their coat.. which I think could be improved in part by grooming.

hmm I've never actually seen anyone groom a Rex coat other then using a fine mist and their hands to remove stray hairs and prevent static. Unless the Rex has the fur to begin with then there really isn't anything you can do to improve it without it being considered altering the coat, which can get you tossed from the show room.

I have seen people use mane N tail on rabbits (Big No-no)
Witch Hazel I have seen people use, and you can use because it will evaporate before you can even get the rabbit on the table.

Actually its mostly not grooming spray, its more the tools they use to brush. They just use water and some kind of tool

speaking of grooming ..
anybody have a GREAT source for rotating pin combs?
I had a great one but it's vanished - I have found another but it's much less solid.. won't be long before I need another one I know

(I would have thought a short pinned slicker comb would have been the most a rex might need - and maybe even just a baby brush)

Back