How to fatten meat rabbits fast!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
This morning as I made my rounds to check the rabbits, I noticed that every. single. feeder was empty! Some of them I expect to be empty in the mornings but even my slow eaters had chowed down. I didn't understand.

Then I went into the barn to get a bucket of feed... 3/4 scoop of BOSS, 3-4 scoops rabbit pellets...

I reached over to scoop out the rabbit pellets and found another scoop in the bag. Huh? I'm the only one who feeds the rabbits and I didn't put a scoop in the bag.... Oh... wait.... well crap.

012-1.jpg

I accidentally fed them the sow/pig feed yesterday and they devoured it.

I have a bag of the same stuff! Btw, ollitos, that is exactly what we fed our hogs, and they turned out great!

ChickiesnBunnies":2hu46jez said:
Ohhhh.

Is that safe, will it really get them to gain/grow faster...?

I think she was being sarcastic....it was accidentally fed to the rabbits! :lol:

This might have been a happy mistake- check your ingredient tag! :p Pig feed is cheaper than pellets. :) It doesn't have enough fiber to be a sole diet, but I think as part of a grain and hay or pellet based diet it would be a good supplement.

I have a bag of Sow and Pig Complete that was given to us a few months ago, and the ingredients are Ground Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean meal, Rice Bran, Cane Molasses, Sun Cured Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Soybean Oil, several dried fermentation products, Yucca extract, Brewers yeast, Olive oil, Vegetable oil, and way down the list "Condensed Fermented Corn Extractive". It lists a bunch of minerals and vitamins in between everything after Soybean oil.

Oddly enough, when I looked at the ingredients online they were far different- lots of corn was used. :? I'll have to check the stock at the feed store next time I go.

I gave my breeders about 2 TBSP each this morning. They loved it! :)

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Yeah! How cool would that be?

Of course, there could be a pig feed recall too... :x

Gee, thanks, now I need ANOTHER galvanized trash can to hold ANOTHER feed supplement :D

Back