How to clean used J feeder?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Shaygetz bought a cage that came with a J feeder. I've never had one, but I need to put it to use because I just discovered just how much food the kits have been scrabbling out of the second dish I gave them! Boy, have they been having fun! :evil:

Anyway, the thing appears to have some old, crusty food stuck in it, and I want to make sure I get it clean enough. How is that done?

Thanks, y'all!

One more week 'til we move!!! :bouncy:

soak it for a good two-three days. OR soak it for a day and use a toothbrush.
rinse it well so that all you see is metal (or plastic depending on what is is made out of)
then soak it in bleach water (or give it a good sprintzing yourself but soaking will get all areas without effort on your part, for 10 minutes.
Let air dry. if you can for three days, otherwise just dry it well, add the holders and feed and happy bunnies! :)

Thank you, ladysown!! I'll take the shortcuts you gave me, because I need to get this thing in service as soon as possible for all my little :1pig: :1pig: :1pig: !

Oh -- and it's metal. It has holes in the bottom, for dust to go through, I guess. I'm going to have to watch it, though, those holes look awfully large!

:thankyou:

not a problem. Some might not let it soak for a full day, but I like letting water do the job of loosening things. I find if i swish it around regularly it loosens quicker as well.

Back