how things can be misconstrued

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the side affects of dealing with the pet people crowd is having to deal with some less than nice individuals. I've gotten a few of those emails over the past couple of months. My policy is to answer every email that I get with a positive response that trys to educate, but the "can I hunt them" ones tend to get my goat a bit.

so when I got this email in response to a holland lop ad, I thought...oh, another hunter jerk.

hello,

I am looking to borrow some rabbits for a shoot with my kids. could I borrow these?

thanks!

So I made my standard non-reaction reply.

you pay the fees for them.
what you do with them is up to you.
just make sure it's a quick shot.

When I got this response I felt like a total idiot. I hadn't even thought of a photo shoot! Duh!

I don't want to buy them, just borrow for an hour or less...

My husband is a professional photographer, so I don't think it would take long.

So then I made a very quick "oops" type email to the person involved. Boy....I had to laugh at my own stupidity....

oh, okay...
A SHOOT, a photo shoot.
oh my....
some of the emails I've gotten from people... led me to think you were being "not nice" and wanting to shoot (as in kill) these bunnies.

sure, come on over. i've "rented" bunnies to people before for photo shoots.

would you like to meet sometime?
what would you like to work out?

I thought I'd post this in the light of maybe making someone else smile at my folly. :)

LOL!! Bless your heart! Somehow, I saw that one coming, but when you've been constantly dealing with idiots, it can kinda set you in a groove.

Latest posts

Back